Thursday, September 27, 2007



It has been a loooong week! Last Monday I was taking groceries out from the car and
something went wrong with my back that left me unable to do much of anything. I lay
down on the hard floor thinking that might bring relief, but instead got stuck there!

Picture this...my two teenagers trying to get me up off the floor without much success as my pain was unbearable and my 2 toddlers standing over me screaming hysterically because their MaMa was stuck! Many advils, aleves and ice packs later, I was able to start moving slowly but surely until I could get to my chiropractor. By the end of the week, I was feeling almost completely back to normal.

Fast forward to this Monday, a week later (what is it with Monday's?) and I bent over to pick up a toy and couldn't get back up. The pain brought me right to my knees and that was the end of that. I felt as if I was paralyzed. I could not move at all. It was really very scary. The only position I found slight relief was leaning on the breakfast bar. I stood there for the next 6 hours until I could get to my Dr. office. It took me over 30 minutes to get into the car. The Dr. sent me right to the emergency room once she saw me. I spent most of Monday evening there and have spent the week heavily medicated. I have an appointment for an MRI next week. I feel so old! My 2 years olds have been helping me get dressed every day and picking things up for me. How pitiful is that?? A family friend has been helping me quite a bit and driving us to appointments and such since I am unable to drive.

 

2 comments:

Donna Geer said...

Oh my goodness Michelle! I am so sorry! I wish we were closer we would love to come help! We have been down with nasty colds here, but I've been thinking of you. Hang in there & I pray you get some relief soon that does NOT require surgery!!!
Blessings,
Donna

Carmen said...

I know exactly how you feel. I think my Ami may have body image problems because all she hears from me these days is 'you're too heavy and my back hurts'. She is 34 lbs and lifting her is killing me.

Stretching, stomach strengthening exercises and drinking lots of water seem to help me. Ibuprophen is my drug of choice. I pray that you get some healing.

Welcome to our blog! We are happy for you to be a part of our "Day by Day" and to share how God is working in our lives. To read earlier posts, scroll down to the very bottom of the page and you can click on 'older posts'. Remember...we love to hear from YOU as well!