Thursday, October 18, 2007

Good-Bye


It is with sad hearts that we tell you that Katie lost her battle with cancer. She fought so hard and overcame the odds more than once in her fight over the last 9 months. She held on and fought probably because of her loyalty to us. We agreed that as soon as we felt she was suffering, we would have her put down and that is what has happened. Dave drove her to the vet's this morning. Good-bye to our best friend, our protector and our constant companion. Rest in peace, dear Katie...we will miss you more than you will ever know. If you could please pray for peace upon our very heavy hearts as we grieve the lost of a family member. Katie, what will we do without you by our sides? Thank-you for being such an important part of our family and for your never ending loyalty to us over the last 12 years.....

 

5 comments:

Donna Geer said...

It is with tears in my eyes that I say I am sorry for you loss.
:(
Hugs M & D..
Donna

Eileen said...

I'm so sorry! I have a dog that I love so much and I hate to think of the day we lose him. Big hugs and tears...

Anonymous said...

So sorry for your loss!! I know Katie will be dearly missed!

Anna

Anonymous said...

Michelle and Dave,

Aw, I am so sorry!! Sending hugs your way...

Lisa

Anonymous said...

OH MICHELLE!! I am SO sorry. It is SO hard to lose a pet! They truly are one of the family. I will keep your family in my prayers.

Hugs,
Sandi in FL

Welcome to our blog! We are happy for you to be a part of our "Day by Day" and to share how God is working in our lives. To read earlier posts, scroll down to the very bottom of the page and you can click on 'older posts'. Remember...we love to hear from YOU as well!