Saturday, November 10, 2007

2 Years Ago

This month is National Adoption Awareness Month and it is also special to us, because it was 2 years ago during the first week-end of November that we saw this beautiful face for the very first time!



I had notified our agency in September that we were interested in adopting a child with a special medical need. The director of that program(called the Waiting Child Program) for our agency called me on a Saturday evening to tell us she had a match for us. She immediately sent us the e-mail with pictures of Fu Li She and her medical info. My hands were shaking when I opened the e-mail and I started to cry when I saw that sweet face for the first time!

The call caught me and especially Dave off guard as I had expected several more months before we received a call. The Call!! What a blessing!!

 

1 comment:

Robin said...

That is one of the most beautiful referral photos I've ever seen! "The call" is one of those things that is forever engraved in your mind...isn't it? Happy Referral Day Anniversary!

Welcome to our blog! We are happy for you to be a part of our "Day by Day" and to share how God is working in our lives. To read earlier posts, scroll down to the very bottom of the page and you can click on 'older posts'. Remember...we love to hear from YOU as well!