Monday, November 26, 2007

I have been posting more pictures than writing this last week because I have been super busy. I will try to catch up a little here.

Chelsea has been busy applying to colleges. I can not believe she graduates HS this year and will soon be in college! She got a little mad at me the other day, because I told her I was not going to repaint the little girls' room since I will be moving them into Chelsea's room when she goes away to college. That did not go over big with her! She has the biggest bedroom besides the master bedroom, so it only makes sense to move the 2 little ones in there and let Chelsea have the smaller one since she will not be here except for holidays and summer. Maybe week-ends depending on how close she is to home.

Ryan had a pretty bad accident on his bicycle last week and ended up in the ER. He messed up his face pretty badly, but the plastic surgeon believed it would heal without him having to intervene. I have to say that it IS healing much faster and better than I thought it would. The kid has to be airborne when he is on wheels and has been this way since he was 3 years old. Some things never change!


Ella is having fun being 3 and telling everyone who will listen that she is 3 now! She is still my Dennis the Menace and even responds to the name Dennis when I call her that throughout the day. She LOVES to get into things she should not and the messier the better!


Sophie continues to make progress. She has revealed to us some pretty disturbing things that she endured in the orphanage. For her privacy, I will not go into detail about that, but appreciate you keeping her lifted in prayer. He knows what it is that she needs when you prayer for her, because He knows all of our needs!

I started back to work a few weeks ago, so my time is running very short these days. I work evenings, so the girls do not have to be in daycare outside of the home. One day, they probably will have to be...but for now the evening shift works out o.k.. We have a lady come into the home to watch them a few times a week in between me leaving and Dave coming home. Remember the post "Things 1 and 2 Meet the Nanny"? Well, she asked for a raise after only being here for a week! We had to tell her no, because we pay her very well already.



For those that do not know me personally, I work for Wal-mart and have done so for the past 11 years. I used to work in the accounting department and loved my job(no customers to deal with)! However, about 2 years ago, my position was eliminated and the only shift in the office starts at 5 a.m. I can not possibly be anywhere at 5 a.m. with little ones, so I had to go out into the scary, scary world of dealing with customers...who are often less than pleasant. The moods of people shift dramatically starting Black Friday right on through to the end of January. And I do not mean for the better. They are not happy and rejoicing the upcoming celebration of our Savior. No, they are mean and nasty like the scrooge...only worse! I went into work on Black Friday and almost every customer I dealt with bit my head off. Here we go...Tis the Season in retail!!
myspace layouts

myspace layouts

 

2 comments:

mommy24treasures said...

wow lots to catch up on.... Sorry about Ryan, yes it is amazing how fast the face heals. SOmething about all the blood going there constantly I think I have heard. It looks worse at first than other places but heals quickly.
Sweet Sophie will be in my prayers.:( Sweet angel. God is good and will heal her heart.

Your Dennis the Menace is such a cute menace.:)

You won my drawing this week! I decided to draw 2 winners and you and Somewhere in the Sun were chosen. Please go to my profile and email me your address and I will mail it to you :)

Donna Geer said...

M,
Hey there, What's your mailing addy??
:)
Cool, you won something!

Welcome to our blog! We are happy for you to be a part of our "Day by Day" and to share how God is working in our lives. To read earlier posts, scroll down to the very bottom of the page and you can click on 'older posts'. Remember...we love to hear from YOU as well!