Wednesday, December 19, 2007


Counting my Blessings one by one and praising Him for all He has done

Well, my biggest thankful this week is this...we have had a horribly violent stomach virus going through our home. It has to be the worse and most brutal virus I have ever seen(and I have seen tons!)It completly wiped out Dave, Chelsea, my MIL and Ryan. I have been waiting my turn and praying that it did not hit me as hard as it did the others, because Moms can't get sick! It took them all at least 4 days to be able to stand on their feet after they had the virus and they all lost 7 to 10 pounds. How could I possibly be out of commission like that? Who would do everything and who would take care of the little ones? Dave has no sick time left.
So, like clockwork, I did get the virus Tues. night, but it did not hit me nearly as hard as the others. I was able to stay in bed all day and have the little ones play next to me. Although I do not have much of an appetite, I am already well enough to be up and about doing my Mom thing. Thank you God for answered prayer and always knowing what we can and can't handle!! Now praying the little ones can miraculously escape this, because it is much too violent of a virus for their little bodies!

I am so thankful to be a Mom. What would I do without my kids?

I am thankful for my garage! Remember in ALL things bring Him praise? The first 12 years we were married, we lived in a home with no garage. Believe me when I say be thankful if you have a garage and you live in an area with bad weather. Everytime we get hit with snow/ice...I am reminded how blessed I am to have a garage now!

 

10 comments:

mommy24treasures said...

I pray right now the babies do not catch the virus. So sorry you all were sick. I will be praying the girls are protected. Psalm 91.
Connie

Heart of Wisdom said...

Sorry about the flu. Sounds horrible. I had a bad one last month in bed for a week. When dh griped about the house I said, "This is your opportunity to be grateful that I am usually healthy and its normally clean" :-)

Get well soon, stay grateful.

Robin said...

Oh I'm so glad to hear your little ones have been staying healthy and that your virus did not last long. I have been praying for you every day this week! God does hear our prayers! Amen!

Steffie B. said...

Hope everyone else can stay well.

Love your bottom picture....

Merry Christmas

Speaking from the Heart said...

I am thankful that you are recovering. Stay warm.

http://dailyreminders4me.blogspot.com/2007/12/thankful-thursday_20.html

Susan said...

Happy TT Michelle,

Oh, I'm so blessed you are better! Ugh, that virus sounded nasty for sure.

Yes, mom's can and do get sick!

Merry Christmas!

Susan

Lynn said...

Michelle,

Wow what a stunning photo. Thank you.

Also, I babysat my neighbors little girl yesterday because her mama was so sick she couldn't get out of bed. This flu is awful.

Lord, protect the little ones from this flu and cover this home with your comfort.

Have a blessed and beautiful Christmas. Love and hugs, Lynn

Denise said...

Keeping your family in my prayers, bless you all.

Mommy Spice said...

I can't even imagine what it would be like to have a virus like that, let alone with 3 kids. Youch! I'm glad you didn't get it as badly.

We live in a house now that has no garage. We came from one that did. Although having this house's garage turned in to another room makes the house a little roomier, I do miss having a REAL garage.

mommy24treasures said...

hope the kids are doing ok, and you have lysoled and prayed all the germs away! Hope your Christmas is wonderful!

Welcome to our blog! We are happy for you to be a part of our "Day by Day" and to share how God is working in our lives. To read earlier posts, scroll down to the very bottom of the page and you can click on 'older posts'. Remember...we love to hear from YOU as well!