Wednesday, December 12, 2007



From the book God Gave Us Christmas:

Little Cub: "Mama, who gave us Christmas? Was it Santa?"

Mama Cub: "No, God gave us Christmas."

Little Cub: "Can we go find Santa, Mama?"

Mama Cub: "Hmmm. Santa is hard to find, but we can find God. God is everywhere"

Mama Bear than takes Little Cub for a long walk outdoors and shows him God's work and that God is indeed everywhere.

Little Cub: "But what about Santa? Did God give us Santa?"

Mama Cub: "Santa reminds us about many good things like generosity and care. But it is God and Jesus that we celebrate most come Christmas. We always want to thank God for giving us Christmas."

Jesus is the best present of all and God gave that present for YOU!

I am finding this children's book most helpful this year as I try to keep Jesus at the center of the meaning of Christmas for Ella. She is asking alot of questions that Little Cub is asking and I am sure most kids her age are asking. After all, it is the jolly red suit they see everytime they leave the house this time of year. : )

 

7 comments:

Verna said...

Michelle,
That sounds like an awesome book. I think I will have to get it. Mya is full of questions too and Jesus seems dwarfed next to lights and Santa-- it should be the other way around.
Thanks.
~v

Carmen said...

Thanks for sharing this stuff. Ami is not asking the questions yet but sounds like a great book to have for her next year.

mommy24treasures said...

I love it when you share this stuff too. We are making a trip to the book store Fri and I will be looking for this!

LINDA said...

What a beautiful dialogue. I will seek this book for my granddaughters. Sure beats Twas the Night Before Christmas !!

Steffie B. said...

Sounds like a wonderful book....will have to put it on my to do list to get! Thanks for sharing it with us! ;)

Steffie B. said...

How did you get both your girls? Together? Are they twins?

mommy24treasures said...

I looked at 3 stores... I guess I will have to order.

Welcome to our blog! We are happy for you to be a part of our "Day by Day" and to share how God is working in our lives. To read earlier posts, scroll down to the very bottom of the page and you can click on 'older posts'. Remember...we love to hear from YOU as well!