Monday, December 17, 2007

Christmas Cookies



We did our Christmas cookies this week-end. We had fun and it Ella loved it. But as much as I like spending time with the girls, I was reminded as to why I am not one of those Moms who love to spend time in the kitchen with the kids! Sorry, just not me. : ) We even had big brother join in and in case anyone is wondering how I got our 14 year old son joining in with baking....well, it was not done so voluntarily on his part. It was getting close to my time for work and he was the only one available to help out. I don't know, though-if you look close it would almost seem like he was having a little fun. Sshhhh. Don't tell anyone!
BTW-the fancy nail polish on those cute little hands is the work of our big sister, Chels. Ella now requests her nails to be painted...both finger and toes!










The photo on the upper left is what I wake up to every morning-usually in several spots.
This is why I had feared putting up a tree this year. : )
We have put all of the special ornaments on the top so they can stay safe and even though she climbs the tree, it has not yet fallen over. Yay!


Posted by Picasa

 

11 comments:

LINDA said...

Yes, kitties can be a challenge. They are meant to climb. Thankfully, they grow up and out of some of the antics.
The girls look as if they are having the time of their lives. I think they will be the cooks/bakers in the family!!!!

Mommy Spice said...

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. So glad to find yours. I hear ya...I'm not great at having S.G. help out in the kitchen. It stresses me out. So, I can only imagine having 2 pairs of hands wanting to help. LOL!!

Steffie B. said...

Oh yes.....we had the kitty in the tree on year...what a mess. I didn't even put those kind of bulbs up this year...and that was due to Daniel. lol

As far as the camera....looking online is very confusing. I guess I will have to go into the camera store I always do and hope they sell me the right one.

Isabella's Mommy & Daddy said...

Love the pictures...
Your girls are darling...
Thanks for stopping by my blog...
I think big brother really enjoyed himself... but I won't tell either...LOL..
We can not put the gifts under the tree due to our youngest furbaby....
She thinks they are toys.and tears them up...
Have a Great Week

Mr.Brian said...

Doing cookies is way to much work.That is why there is a bakery in town.
I was wondering if my 1 year old dog would bother the tree.She has not.Gues it was the threat I gave her when I put up the tree.

mommy24treasures said...

oh aren't our boys too funny?
We have been putting the gingerbread house off for 2 weeks now... I know we have to get to it.

Very sweet little chefs!

Tiffany said...

The cookie making looks like so much fun.
Our cat is almost 11 and thankfully never pays much attention to the tree.
What would you know..... tonight he was under the tree eyeballing it like he has never seen it before. Almost like he was planning what he would do to it.

missy said...

I love your Christmas photos! Isn't it fun to make goodies over the holidays with the little ones.

Kittens can create a lot of "fun" during the holidays...come visit our blog and you'll see how much we love our cats!!!
: )

Carol said...

Making cookies with little people does take the patience of a saint. And sometimes I admit to buying the pre-made, slap in the oven cookies for Santa!!

redmaryjanes said...

My cat did some serious damage to the tree last year, but this year she just wants to sleep under it. Your family is just wonderful. I have to bake some more cookies this weekend since they were all gone within 2 days the last time I made them.

Carmen said...

Ami has me well trained also. Everytime I have to cut her nails I am commanded to also polish both toes and hand nails. BTW my Ami from Shaoguan has no curls. I think is just the neck bend pushing up a curl and once it gets thicker and beyond that point you won't see any on your Shaoguan beauty either.

Welcome to our blog! We are happy for you to be a part of our "Day by Day" and to share how God is working in our lives. To read earlier posts, scroll down to the very bottom of the page and you can click on 'older posts'. Remember...we love to hear from YOU as well!