Friday, January 11, 2008

Daddy Did It!

Just wondering if this is just our family or if other homes have the same thing going on. Tattling on the biggest kid-Dad! Oh, my gosh...it really appears as if the kids think he is a sibling sometimes! Now, for those that know Dave, you will probably understand where that idea might come from! Dave has more "toys" in his garage than the girls have in their toy box.




Last night, Ella came running in to tell me something Dave did that did not make her happy. I forget what it was, but Dave had some impatience in his tone when he was "defending" himself. I asked him what was wrong and he said he "is tired of all of the kids telling on him"! I really got a good laugh from that, because IT IS TRUE! The big ones used to do (still do, actually) and Ella and Sophie have now joined forces and tell on him. Especially if he does something different than Mom does. Never once have they gone to Dave and "told" on me. So, is it just us...or do any of you have sibling rivlary with Daddy in your homes?

 

8 comments:

Robin said...

That is SO funny! Yes, my kids tell on dad here too. I guess moms rule! heehee

Isabella's Mommy & Daddy said...

That is funny....
And my kids do that too.. I think they are just in a routine of what mom does and when dad does it different..they don't like it..
Have a Great Weekend..

mommy24treasures said...

oh yes the kids definitely think I am the boss. They never even question something I say, but sometimes they will say to him I am asking mom....

Mr.Brian said...

If he would behave himself they would not have to tell on him.My sisters and I always told on dad too because he was always being naughty and teasing us kids.

Tiffany said...

That is hilarious... my husband and I were just talking about this very thing tonight. Lily tells on her dad all the time.... especially when he doesn't do things like mom does (or as she says.. the right way).
Hee hee

Donna Geer said...

Awww Dave. Charlie know what you are talking about. :)

redmaryjanes said...

That is so funny! Yes, my kids do that too...especially the littlest one.

missy said...

This post is so funny...and Yes, Paige tells on dad all the time. I never thought about it until now...hmmmm : )

Welcome to our blog! We are happy for you to be a part of our "Day by Day" and to share how God is working in our lives. To read earlier posts, scroll down to the very bottom of the page and you can click on 'older posts'. Remember...we love to hear from YOU as well!