Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Sophie's First Day of School




Okay! I am ready to go!!




Don't you think this is a little big for me, Mom?




Here Soph...let me see if I can tighten this up for you.



It went well! Yay! Sophie receives services from the county for a couple of things that she needs a little extra help with. The main one being her sensory issues. We had someone come to our home until now, but as soon as she turned 3 (last week) they require they get the extra help in a school setting. They will also work with her speech(articulation) and she will get some PT for some assistance with her gross motor skills. We are hoping these will all help cut down on all of the falling and crashing that she does! And last, but not least, for her social anxiety.





Never say never. I always said I would not put a 3 year old on a school bus...but guess what? I have realized that I am only one person and can't do everything, so have to take the help when I get the offer. I drove her to school this morning and let them bring her home on the bus so that it was a positive experience(coming home to Mom) for her first trip. It worked out fine.

The teachers sent a note home that she had a very good first day. So, I was happy to hear that! This seems like it will be a positive and important experience for her. All of the ladies that teach there are so nice!!

 

12 comments:

Tiffany said...

SOOOOOOOOOOO cute! What a big girl! Love the backpack!

Robin said...

Yeah Sophie!!! I love the super huge, Super Girl backpack...what a hoot! How great is it that Sophie did so well and that mom got a break? Sometimes we just have to venture into the unknown to realize its a good thing! :)

Mob said...

That is so cool that she had a good day. Its cute to see the pic of the bus out front. Love the backpack.

missy said...

Congratulations to Sophie on her big first day! She looked darling and so sweet in her backpack. Here's to many more happy days : )

Mr.Brian said...

She looks so grown up.
We can give thanks to God for a good day.Be at peace knowing he will be watching over her.

OH MY #6 said...

so sweet!

Lea

mommy24treasures said...

oh I am so glad she did well! I know it must have been hard to leave her the first time!
I love seeing the girls together, they are the sweetest!
I hope every time she goes continues to be a positive experience with no anxiety...
I will send you an email later about camera stuff, been super busy!

Isabella's Mommy & Daddy said...

YEAH!@!!!!!
Happy 1st Day of School..
So glad everything went well..
Have a Great Week..

LaLa said...

So glad she had a good first day....love big sis helping out : )

The Princess's Mommy said...

She looks adorable in that big ol' backpack! I'm glad she had a good day!
Monica

my3 kids said...

what a big girl....such a sweetie. Glad her day went well and that she had fun!

Shannon said...

Happy First Day of School! The backpack is adorable!

Welcome to our blog! We are happy for you to be a part of our "Day by Day" and to share how God is working in our lives. To read earlier posts, scroll down to the very bottom of the page and you can click on 'older posts'. Remember...we love to hear from YOU as well!