Monday, January 28, 2008

While we were in the "waiting stage " of Ella's adoption, I participated in a Secret Pal swap. Many adopting families do this as a fun way to pass the time while waiting. Our SP swap lasted for 6 months. I loved to shop for my SP, but it is kind of a hassle when it comes to shipping the gifts out...finding the right size box, going to post office and such. It was so much fun, but at the end...I was kind of relieved to not have to think about shipping packages each month. Well, that SP exchange ended almost 2 years ago.




We never know just how or who God will bless our lives with. The person who had my name for the SP exchange has become such a dear friend of mine. She blessed me with gifts during the SP exchange, but has given me so much more in the 2 years that have passed since then. She is always there to listen when I need to talk to someone. She is always there to boost my spirits when needed or give advice when necessary. She is ALWAYS there! And for that, I am so thankful!






These pictures are from a package that Robin sent us for Sophie's birthday. As always...she was so thoughtful and remembered both girls when she sent the package. 3 is not a good age to understand why one is getting gifts and not the other!



Robin, I had to laugh a little when your package arrived. I thought to myself..."poor Robin probably never imagined she would still be sending out packages to her SP 2 years after the fact." LOL!

The flashlights, binoculars and bubbles are from a line called Ling Ling the Panda. So, so cute! Robin said it is sold in Wal-mart. Our WM doesn't carry this line yet, but hopefully they will start!

Below, your can see the beautiful pillows she made for the girls. If you would like to see more of the things that my friend is making, please click here.




Robin, we once again thank-you for your kindness! The girls were thrilled as you can see in the pictures!!!

 

8 comments:

Isabella's Mommy & Daddy(Kim & John) said...

I am involved in a Secret Pal and Secret Buddy swap.. and I love it..
It makes the long wait so worth it..
I just ordered from Robin a while back and will be sending out Feb. gifts from her things...
LOVE her stuff..
I so would love to purchase 1 of everything..
She does a Great Job..
Love the goodies..
Looks like the girls LOVE the pillows..
Have a Great Day...

Robin said...

Awww...thank you for your kind words! Its always a pleasure to shop for you guys because you are so grateful! Walmart had even MORE of the panda line today...I want it all! heehee I hope the girls enjoy their gifts. The photos are adorable as always!!!

Mob said...

What a special friend and very thoughtful gifts. I love the pics of the girls on the pillows, too cute.

mommy24treasures said...

What a wondeful friend.

my3 kids said...

I have never seen this Panda stuff at our Walmart here in Canada but will have to keep an eye out. Michelle that is so special that your SP has kept in such close contact with you. While waiting for Emma we received things twice from ours. Oh well....it's okay.

missy said...

She sounds like a dear friend. We are so fortunate in the adoption world to meet so many lovely people. I know you must cherish your friendship. I love the pillows and the girls look as adorable as always!

Tiffany said...

Those Panda's are so adorable and the girls look just as adorable with them!
Robin is such a dear lady and I love her creations!!!

OH MY #6 said...

that is so nice that you have continued your friendship!

Lea

Welcome to our blog! We are happy for you to be a part of our "Day by Day" and to share how God is working in our lives. To read earlier posts, scroll down to the very bottom of the page and you can click on 'older posts'. Remember...we love to hear from YOU as well!