Wednesday, February 13, 2008

day by day

Happy Valentine's Day!!!





my valentine




Ella had fun filling out her Valentines for her friends at school. We were hit with another snow/ice storm here in the NE, so I am not sure if she will have her class tomorrow. If not, then I am sure they will celebrate next Thursday. I will try to get some pictures of her Valentines. Helping her fill them out really brought back memories of when my older 2 were little. It was always lots of fun for them to fill out their cards for the kids in their class. Of course Chelsea always seemed to enjoy it more than Ryan, you know that girl-boy thing?

Valentines Day Comments


Sophie had her post op visit today and the doc said all looks well! There were several people who asked why Sophie had surgery. I should have explained that. Sophie was born with esotropia or what we more commonly refer to as strabismus. Both of our girls were adopted through China's waiting child program. Ella is our heart baby and Sophie's need was her esotropia. We didn't know until we brought her home if she would need glasses or surgery, but either one is not a big issue at all. It ended up that her eye cross was not due to a vision problem, so glasses would not help her. It was more of an eye muscle thing. So, we did eye patching for the past 6 months waiting for the weak eye to strengthen and when the timing was right, the surgery was done. Some people do fine with just one surgery, others need multiple surgery...but it is too early to tell what Sophie will need and any follow up surgeries will not be in the near future, anyway.

The puppies are here!! They were born this past Friday...all 10 of them!


 

18 comments:

Isabella's Mommy & Daddy(Kim & John) said...

Happy Valentine's Day
So glad Sophie is doing well..
Love doing Valentine's..
Can't wait to see the new fur-baby...
YEAH!!!
Have a Great Day..

Retta said...

Glad to hear everything is well with Sophie's eyes. They look great! Can't wait to "meet" the next new family member!

Norah said...

Puppies! Puppies! How cute : ) I am glad your daughter is doing well with the surgery.

Robin said...

Happy Valentine's Day! So glad Sophie is doing well and Ella is having fun with her valentine's. Congratulations on the cute little puppies!!! Have a wonderful day my friend!

mommy24treasures said...

Happy Valentine's Day, I am so glad Sophie's eyes are healing well.
Beautiful beautiful and the puppies how cute!!!! I would never be able to get Caitlyn and Chloe to leave them alone, I can just imagine!

The Princess's Mommy said...

Happy Valentine's Day, Sophie and Ella! Hope you have a fun day and eat lots of chocolate! Your puppies are so cute!

Lily Mei

Tiffany said...

Happy Valentine's Day!
You girls are so adorable! Our Lily had bilateral esotropia as well. She had the same surgery. So glad to hear that Sophie is doing well.
The puppies are the cutest!!!!

Michelle said...

Happy Valentine's Day!! The girls look gorgeous ... and the puppies are sooooooo cute! :-)

OH MY #6 said...

Happy V-Day!

OH my those puppies!!!!

Lea

Sharon said...

I came upon your blog and am so glad to 'meet' you. You have a family that looks just like what we hope our will in a few more years! We even have puppy pictures!!

God Bless your beautiful family!!And happy Valentines day!

Mob said...

I'm glad to hear that Sophies eyes are doing well. The puppies are adorable, I bet the kids are excited about bringing one home!

missy said...

Happy Belated Valentine's Day! Your new puppies are SO sweet. How do you get anything done? I would spend all my time wanting to hold and love them : )

Dawn said...

So glad Sophie's surgery went well. Her eyes look great!

Sharon said...

Thanks for coming to visit my blog! I showed my daughter the photo of the four children! It is a image i have been carrying of us in the future! Would you mind if I put your link in my 'favorites'??
SO glad your daughter is on the mend!

The puppies a gorgeous!! Our pups are in the March 07 blogs lists. We ahd a great time with them and hope you do too!
God Bless!

Sharon said...

Thanks for coming to visit my blog! I showed my daughter the photo of the four children! It is a image i have been carrying of us in the future! Would you mind if I put your link in my 'favorites'??
SO glad your daughter is on the mend!

The puppies a gorgeous!! Our pups are in the March 07 blogs lists. We ahd a great time with them and hope you do too!
God Bless!

Carmen said...

Sophie's eyes look so straight now. It is hard to believe she is the same little girl I saw at the orphanage. She has blossomed so beautifully in your loving care. You are doing an awesome job mom. Two little ones, a kitten and a puppy. You are a brave woman :0

Debbie said...

i'm glad to hear your daughter is doing well. My oldest bio daughter had a muscle proplem in her eye too. She had surgery, just one worked! The puppies are sooooo cute. Congratulations!

Tiffany said...

Thank you for your sweet words about our wedding picture!!!!!

Just wanted to answer your ?~ Lily came home at 17 months and had her eye surgery at 18 months. She had both eyes done as well.
We then patched one eye for 6 months (2 hours a day).
We go in every 6 months now for the Dr to check her eyes.
You asked about WC but I am not sure what that is....

Welcome to our blog! We are happy for you to be a part of our "Day by Day" and to share how God is working in our lives. To read earlier posts, scroll down to the very bottom of the page and you can click on 'older posts'. Remember...we love to hear from YOU as well!