Friday, February 8, 2008

*****Surgery Update*****

All went well!! First I would like to offer Praise to God for answered prayer and next I would like to thank all of you who prayed for us! If you knew how this crazy virus keeps passing back and forth amongst all of us and that yesterday afternoon Sophie came down with another low grade fever and her nose and cough started up again...you would know that only by the Grace of God did Sophie wake up this morning feeling well.
We left very early this morning and were at the surgical center for about 4 hours. I actually got to watch some TV. LOL! Did any of you see Regis and Kelly and the story of the couple who got married after such tragedy. I was crying as I watched it!



Sophie was quite aggitated and disoriented when waking up from the surgery, which is natural. She has stitches in both of her eyes and they told me that she will have the feeling like something is in them...irritation. We all know what we want to do when there is something is our eyes...rub them. They told me she is NOT to touch or rub her eyes. She fought me with all of her might to get to her eyes and then she resorted to rubbing them against me, which I couldn't let her do either. I then had to figure out how to get her home in the car...how to drive and keep her from rubbing her eyes. I would have brought someone with me had I known about this ahead of time. The nurses got the idea to give her a bag of goldfish and food is usually the answer for Sophie, so it worked..yay!


Feel better Sophie!!

One more quick story I wanted to share....when we were leaving, they let Sophie choose a little toy from the toy basket. She was very out of it and upset, but she was still concerned about Ella at home. She chose a headband and the lady told her to pick a toy out. Instead she DOVE into that box to find a matching headband for her Ella!

 

19 comments:

missy said...

I am so happy to hear that little Sophie's surgery went well. I thought about her a lot last night. She is so lucky to have a loving sister like Ella! I hope she is on the mend soon.

Mob said...

Oh poor little thing, I kind of know what she is feeling because I just had surgery (for cataracts)on my eyes a month ago. It felt like there was gravel in my eyes. I hope she's on the mend soon. What a caring little girl to think of her sister at that time.

mommy24treasures said...

so glad to hear all went well and that the goldfish worked. It would not have worked for my girl. No snacks here... Snacks were my savig greace to keep my others occupied now and then but not Caitlyn.

I love the story at the bottom SOOO sweeet.
Have a good weekend and I pray you all feel 100%
Love
Connie

Tiffany said...

Bless her heart.... So happy to hear that the surgery went well!
Love the matching headbands and so sweet of her to get one for her sister.
Hope you are all feeling better soon!!!!!!

Isabella's Mommy & Daddy(Kim & John) said...

OH... I just want to hold her....
So glad everything went well..
How cute.. thinking about sissy..
Hugs to you all..
Hope the itching goes away fast...

Anonymous said...

Dear Michelle,
I'm glad Sophie's surgery is over, and she feels better very soon. What a wonderful story about the headbands.
Take care,
Eileen

Carmen said...

Oh the story about looking for something for Ella is so touching. They are so blessed to have each other. And I feel for you - I would have to tie my little ones hand behind her back to keep her from rubbing those eyes. What was the surgery for ?

Steffie B. said...

I am so glad to hear that things went good and so sorry that I didn't realize she had surgery until now. We have had our own crazy stuff going on here as well.

I'll will say a thankful prayer tonight, praising God for watching over Sophie and that she continues to recover. ;)

Mr.Brian said...

So glad things went good.Hope the recovery goes fast too.

Robin said...

I'm so happy it went well! I have been praying for Sophie all day today! Bless her heart! What a sweetie to look after her sissy...don't you just love that sibling love? I hope she heals quickly and that the surgery is a success. Thank you for keeping us updated! Love and hugs from St. Louis to Sophie Bug.

Retta said...

So glad to hear the surgery went well. What a sweetie with her red eyes and still thinking of her sister. I just love seeing the two of them together...so cute! Hope you all can stay healthy!
Retta

my3 kids said...

Oh my goodness...that must be hard to keep little Sophie from rubbing her eyes. What exactly did she have done Michelle? I guess I could probably read way back and find out but I am not sure if you have ever said. Anyway I hope she feels better real soon and that the surgery helps!! Sending you big Canadian hugs Sophie:)

JShannon said...

Thats great that the surgery went well. That was so cute of Sophie to think of Ella too! What a sweet and special little girl. I hope you all feel better soon. Just think spring is right around the corner ;)

Eileen said...

What a sweet girl! I wish a certain 4 year old I know (yes MY daughter LOL) would be so loving toward her sister.

Glad things went well!

OH MY #6 said...

I am glad things went well.

that last little story is so sweet!

Lea

Isabella's Mommy & Daddy(Kim & John) said...

Hope Sophie is doing well today...
I was just thinking about her.. so wanted to stop by and ask..
Take care..

The Princess's Mommy said...

Michelle,
I am so glad Sophie's surgery went well. The headband story is just precious!

We really enjoyed the acrobat show! Since we didn't go through Beijing, we didn't get to see one in China. I don't know how to see their schedule. I went to the website, but couldn't find anything. Maybe you could email them...

Monica

Mei Mei Journal said...

Tha is wonderful news that Sophie's surgery went well. My niece had a similar procedure last year with great results. What a sweet sister she is. :-)
April

Sheri said...

So glad that Sophie was able to have surgery and that it went well!

Welcome to our blog! We are happy for you to be a part of our "Day by Day" and to share how God is working in our lives. To read earlier posts, scroll down to the very bottom of the page and you can click on 'older posts'. Remember...we love to hear from YOU as well!