Monday, March 31, 2008

Daisy is Home!


For as earth bringeth forth her bud,....so the Lord GOD will cause righteousness and praise to SPRING forth

Isaiah 61:11


















Here is our Daisy! She had a bit of a challenge coming home from NC. Dave's flight home was delayed by 2 hours and then they boarded the plane and sat on the ground for 2 more hours only to be told the flight was now cancelled. After 5 hours of waiting in the airport with a stressed and very scared puppy...Dave was not a happy camper. He had no puppy food with him or anything. They were then telling him they might have to put him up in a hotel for the night. Can you imagine? Most hotels will not allow pets and it would have been next to impossible to smuggle in a yipping pup! They finally found him another flight and 6 hours later, they were on their way-getting home at midnight instead of 4:00 in the afternoon. BTW....apparently Dave was not too lonely through all of the airport hassles, because he said the woman were hovering around him the whole time and wanting to take turns holding the puppy. My teenagers got a kick out of that one! Ella could NOT sleep because she was waiting all day for Daisy puppy to come home. So, there we were at midnight with a 3 year old and a puppy running together
through the house. : )
IMG_1002

IMG_1011

IMG_1006

Now, these pictures may portray a calm little one, but she sure is ALL puppy! Sweet and loving and busy, busy, busy!
IMG_1015

 

21 comments:

JShannon said...

Oh, Daisy is so cute ! I bet the girls are having a great time with her. I'm "thinking" about a dog also, we shall see. :)

mommy24treasures said...

oh she is so cute! Love her color. Sorry about the difficulties on getting home.
Continue to share pics of Dasiy and the kids we won't get tired of them promise!:)

Waiting for Mia Hope! said...

Oh my goodness...Daisy is beautiful!!!! She has such a beautiful color to her coat. You owe Dave one for sure. I'm not sure hubby would have traveled to bring home a pup...as a matter of fact there is NO WAY! What a dad!!! Have fun with your newest addition to the family!

Sharon said...

Oh what fun, fun, fun!!! That puppy is too beautiful too! What a sweetie. I hope all the training goes very smoothly and with all the kids to help, maybe it will be easy. That pup doesn't know how lucky it is yet, to be in this family!!! I know the kids must all be so excited. I still tear up when I think of my childhood dog!!(Her name was Che Che)

missy said...

Daisy is sooo sweet! I just showed a picture of her to Paige and she let out a huge "CAN WE GET ONE???" : )

I can't wait to see many, many photos of her and the girls!

Isabella's Mommy & Daddy(Kim & John) said...

Daisy is soooo cute..
Now the puppy fun begins..
Have a Great Week.

OH MY #6 said...

Oh my how sweet.

I want that puppy!

Lea

Mr.Brian said...

She is darling.
I would dare bet your son would have loved to have been at the airport with a cute puppy having gals sworm around him to hold the puppy.
I am a sucker for a cute puppy,as are most people.
I think I missed the post as to what kind of dog she is.How big will she get????

Mob said...

What a cutie pie, I love her name too. She is such a little fluff ball.

Steffie B. said...

OMW.....I want one! ;)

Norah said...

What a beautiful puppy! Hope she doesn't destroy too much ; )

The Byrd Family said...

Awwww.....I love her, she is beautiful! Maybe we should get a puppy instead of worrying about adopting again???

Debbie said...

What a beautiful puppy!!! I am sure they are so excited having the new pet!!!

Debbie

Sheri said...

Daisy is so sweet and cute! Sorry your hubby had such a hard time getting her home. What a guy!

Beckyb said...

Makes me want one!!

Tiffany said...

OH she is SOOOOOOOOO pretty. She has the cutest eyes and I LOVE her hair. It looks so soft and cuddly.
She is going to be so much fun!!!
I can't wait to see more pictures and read your updates.

nikki said...

Oh my goodness! Looks like she was worth the wait (and all the fuss)...she is SOOOOOOOO cute!!!!!

Mei Mei Journal said...

She is beautiful! Is she getting you up at night?

Retta said...

What a cutie! How do the girls like her? Props to Dave for everything he went through to get her home!

Sharon said...

Popped in to say hi. I love just looking at her photos, she is a beautiful pup!!

Walker said...

OHHHH!! I want to hold it too!!
Precious!!

Welcome to our blog! We are happy for you to be a part of our "Day by Day" and to share how God is working in our lives. To read earlier posts, scroll down to the very bottom of the page and you can click on 'older posts'. Remember...we love to hear from YOU as well!