Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Tagged (About Me)

I was tagged by Janice over at Our 3 Kids. I have to share 3 things about me. Hmmm...this was actually a little harder than I thought it might be. But here goes....

1)Some out of the ordinary.....I drive the speed limit, I have never drank even one cup of coffee, I floss daily and actually enjoy it! : )

2) I try so hard to give all of my fears over to God as I know I should. But I have trouble doing this with my biggest fear. I was always so fearful(still am with the little ones) of one of my children being taken (kidnapped) while we are out and about. I am sooo cautious about not taking my eyes off of them for a second. And I do not like Dave taking them anywhere without me, because his idea of keeping a watchful eye and my idea are 2 different things!!

3)My favorites....

color-purple
book- The Purpose Driven Life
music- Contemporary Christian
season-Spring
food- pizza and Girl Scouts thin mint cookies!
soft drink- Dr. Pepper

I am going to tag....

Julie at Journey 2 Malia
Retta at The Kelleyhut Blog
April at Mei Mei Journal




I received such a special gift for Mother's Day and I want to share it with you. When Ella came to our family at 14 months of age, a few things were obvious about her beginnings in life. While she lived at the SWI, it seemed as if they took fairly good care of her physical needs...she was a healthy weight, dressed warm, clean, etc. But we came to realize that she had no idea what it meant to be close to and love another person. She had no idea how to hug or receive hugs, no idea about kisses and just was obviously not used to being close to people or human contact. It took a good year to show her and teach her these things. These things that we all think are just natural...they are not. They are not to many children that spend their beginnings in an orphanage that is understaffed.

So, you are wondering about my gift. Sunday morning, Ella decides she wants to play the Mommy and Sophie is her little girl. I am watching from the sidelines as she takes some hair clips over to Sophie and starts putting them in Sophie's hair as all good Mommies would do. She then leans over and just starts showering Sophie(her little girl) with kisses all over her face and telling her how much her Mommy loves her.

It was just the BEST Mother's Day gift I could have had....my little girl who just 2 years ago had no idea about love or affection or what a Mommy was - it made my heart so happy to see that she now, without a doubt, knows love, especailly the love of a Mommy!!! Happy Mother's Day!!

 

17 comments:

Sheri said...

Just dropping by to catch up on your blog as I've not been blogging much lately. What a wonderful gift on Mother's Day to see Ella showing love and affection! Praise God for working in her sweet little heart.

Eileen said...

Oh what a sweet Mother's Day present!

Regarding your #1 - I drive the speed limit too, and I also floss every day BUT I love love love coffee! I'm enjoying a cup right now. :-)

Have a great day!

Steffie B. said...

What a wonderful Mother's Day....love the picture of the two of you! ;)

Michelle said...

That is so precious! What a gift!!

Waiting for Mia Hope! said...

What a sweet post! Ella has such a loving example and the best mommy in the world! :) Dr. Pepper is my favorite and so are thin mints! I have not had a cup of coffee either...I think it tastes like dirty water. My husband would say "have you tasted dirty water". heehee You look so beautiful with your gorgeous Ella!

missy said...

Michelle,

I drive the speed limit too and cannot live without my Dr. Pepper...I knew I liked you : )

Ella sounds so loving. I can imagine that moment just melted your heart. Ella will be a good mommy because she has a good one!

JShannon said...

Oh, how cute is that? I bet Sophie loved it too. Oh yeah, thanks for tagging me. ;) lol.

The Byrd Family said...

What a wonderful, wonderful gift! I know exactly what you mean ;)

OH MY #6 said...

Oh my that is so special!

Love getting to know more about you.

Lea

Paula said...

That is so cool. She has love in her heart and it came from being loved.

mommy24treasures said...

I am the same way about others watching the kids, even daddy! I know I will watch them but I am constantly calling him on the cell phone if I do occasionally give in and let him take them somewhere.
I floss but I don't enjoy it;)

I am so happy for Ella. So so happy...

nikki said...

First, I just wanna say I FEEL YA on number 2 (on the meme)...I fight against that fear ALL the time.

Next, I LOVE the story about sweet Ella...it IS amazing to see them learn to love and be loved. What a gift!

Debbie said...

I love the picture of you and your daughter!! BEAUTIFUL!!!

What an awesome sight to see by your daughter!!! Shows what kind of mommy you are!! A GOOD ONE!!!

Regarding your # 1, I don't drive the speed limit usually on the highway but I do in town and in construstion zones.... I don't floss every day.... And I LOVE COFFEE!!!!

God bless you!
Debbie

Denise C said...

What a precious story....how sweet that your little doll has learned love from her Mommy! Who by the way...has such a precious heart!!!
Thanks for sharing this story!

Walker said...

She knew because she learned from you Mom!! You R the Best, & that should have made your heart melt!! Wow, what in impact we all have on our children DAILY...
Thanks for sharing!
Oh & NO COFFEE.. GIRL.. What's wrong with ya?!!! I'm on my 2 cup FOR TODAY right now!! LOL!!!!!!
Love & Hugs,
Keisha

my3 kids said...

That is just beautiful. What a wonderful Mother's Day gift for you Michelle. We have had a rough road with Emma too and I have felt as though I didn't know what to do or where to turn but we seem to get through each step and maybe they are baby steps but with patience we have been able to get there. If you ever want to chat about the girls send me an email and I will share more of our journey with you as well:) Can't wait till your back my friend! PS. love the pix of you and Sophie.

my3 kids said...

oops sorry meant Ella

Welcome to our blog! We are happy for you to be a part of our "Day by Day" and to share how God is working in our lives. To read earlier posts, scroll down to the very bottom of the page and you can click on 'older posts'. Remember...we love to hear from YOU as well!