Tuesday, July 1, 2008

A Few Shout Outs


First to our boy, who turned 15 today!! Happy Birthday Ry Guy!!!

Ryan had some friends over tonight to celebrate. And my daughter (Ella) who LOVES boys young and old....was in her glory! Whenever I didn't know where she was, I could find her sitting right in the middle of the boys with a big smile on her face. Should I be worried??

Just an update....Ryan got his neck brace off about 2 weeks ago and he was sooo happy! He got the green light that all was healed well!!






Next....I haven't had the opportunity to thank the person responsible for my new blog design. I love, love, love it and Diana -as my teens would say..."you ROCK"!!! You can visit Diana's site by clicking onto the link below. Diana is absolutely wonderful to work with...very, very patient and oh, so talented! One day, I will figure out how to do this stuff on my own, but until then...thanks Diana!!!

Custom Blog Designs





Last, but not least....Last week I was having a string of tough days. Sophie had decided that she would pee all over everything in our bathroom whenever I did not get in there in a timely manner to assist her. She was doing it to get back at me. It was just gross! After the 4th. day of this....I was getting very upset. I sat down to e-mail and vent to a very dear friend of mine. No more than 15 minutes later, the doorbell rang and there was a man on our porch with a flower delivery. I thought for sure they were for my mother-in-law(who lives with us) or for Chelsea. BUT...lo and behold - they were for ME!! I can't remember the last time I had flowers delivered to me. I laughed, because I had just finished talking to my friend about having a rough day and POOF the flowers were at my door. I thought, "boy that was fast!" But, she had ordered them a few days earlier and it was just a God thing that they came when they did. My sweet friend...you know who you are and please know that you made my day...made my week! I am so Blessed by your friendship!!!
Okay...now this is the last thing. Promise. I came across this article yesterday and wanted to share the link with you. It explains many of the things I have written about these past few weeks, but puts it together a bit better than I can. It is from the Beyond Consequences model that I have been talking about. Some of the writings may seem a bit harsh for people dealing with RAD and not using the BC paradigm. If you are dealing with RAD...I know you are doing all you can to help your child heal. I was at a point of having tried everything and still getting nowhere, and that is when we turned to the BC approach. But I do not believe there is only one way to do things in life....so take this article with a grain of salt if you are using other approaches that are working for your family. I just thought it was worth sharing as a tool to better explain RAD. BC has been the light at the end of our tunnel.

http://www.beyondconsequences.com/rad.pdf

 

19 comments:

Isabella's Mommy & Daddy said...

Happy 15th Birthday Ryan...Glad he is doing better.. and looks like he had fun..
What an Amazing friend.. Love the flowers.. and Diana is the bomb.. LOVE her..
Have a Great Week..
HUGS..

Walker said...

Beautiful flowers..
Happy B-Day Ryan!
& ..Diana..you Do Rock Girl!!
The blog is slammin!
;0)Keisha

The Byrd Family said...

What a wonderful surprise! with the flowers....what a sweet, sweet friend.

Happy Birthday Ryan! And I LOVE your new blog look!

Sorry about Sophie...Yuck!

The Princess's Mommy said...

Happy Birthday, Ryan! Glad you got that neck brace off in time for your party!

Michelle, the flowers are beautiful! You are blessed to have such a special friend!

Have a great day!
Love,
Monica

missy said...

Hi Michelle,

Your new blog makeover is awesome. I love it! Happy belated Birthday to Ryan...what a handsome young man.

The flowers were so generous. Aren't great friends the most amazing blessing?

Hugs!

Waiting for Mia Hope! said...

Happy Birthday Ryan!!! Michelle, I hope you are having a brighter day today!! Hugs from St. Louis!!

mommy24treasures said...

Happy Birthday Ryan!!!!!
I am so glad for the update I ahve been wondering. Glad he got a good report.

GWEN OATSVALL said...

sounds like a great bday ... I will continue to pray for your situation w/ your little one ... We too struggle some days here w/ Miss Maggie ... her strong willed attitude and her need for control sometimes get the best of me ...Our sleeping is some better so that is making a huge difference in my daily attitude ...

praying in TN

Anonymous said...

Oh, my, you have just started the peeing thing? Fortunate for you. This has been my sons favorite form of punishment. Sometimes he'll just pee all over the bathroom 4 or 5 times a day. We took him on a trip (we planned a long time ago) and he pee'd about 9 times a day for the whole 10 days. I feel your pain. It has since stopped for the last 2 weeks. Hopefully it sticks. But not holding my breath. Good luck to you. You have awesome friends, the flowers are gorgeous.

Dori's Mommy (Diana) said...

Happy Birthday Ryan!

Thanks for the shout out!

my3 kids said...

Happy Birthday Ryan..wow 15 years old. Happy to hear his neck has healed up nicely. Michelle you are a very special person and you have a special friend to have sent you flowers. How sweet of her and I can just picture the smile it put on your face. Enjoy the rest of the week and have a Happy 4th Celebration:)

Denise C said...

OH what pretty flowers.....I am so happy you received them at just the right time!!!
Happy B-day to your sweet boy too!!!

Thinking of you, sweet friend!!!
Love,
Denise

OH MY #6 said...

Nothing cuter than seeing a bunch of boys sitting around a couple of pizza boxes! And, then a little China girl right there with them! too sweet.

I am glad you have such awesome friends to support you. You have had and still are having such a rough go of it.

Lea
xo

Lisa said...

Happy 15th Birthday Ryan. I am glad that all is healed.

Ella reminds me of Ana Claire. Having two older brothers I see her sitting like that quite often.

Beautiful flowers. What a friend and perfect timing.

Sorry about Sophie's mess.

AZMom said...

Happy birthday to Ryan and hooray for getting the brace off! What a present!

Love the flowers. What a sweet friend you have.

I am going to check out that website.

Have a safe 4th!

Jewels of My Heart said...

Happy 15th Birthday Ryan! Looks like they had fun!
Your flowers were beautiful and as always... God's timing is perfect... what a lovely way to lift you up!
Have a wonderful holiday weekend friend.
You are in my prayers...
Love, Daleea

Kristin said...

Happy birthday to a great big brother, Ryan! Glad to hear you are healed and doing better.

Michelle, you have an amazing friend who can anticpate your every need. She is a true treasure.

I hope things improve with Miss Sophie. I think of you all and have been reading up on RAD and BC to better understand what you are going through.

Have a great 4th tomorrow!! I hope Chelsea is able to come home to join you.

Denise C said...

Just came by to wish your family a very Happy 4th of July today!!!
Love you sweet friend!!!

Sherri said...

I'm so glad you have found something that is working for you. Hang in there, Michelle, you'll get her attached and adjusted..... she will learn she can count on you.

So is Ryan getting his learner's permit? My 4th child turns 15 in September. I'll have 4 drivers. It's terrifying!

I love the new blog design! One of these days I'm going to redo mine.

Sherri

Welcome to our blog! We are happy for you to be a part of our "Day by Day" and to share how God is working in our lives. To read earlier posts, scroll down to the very bottom of the page and you can click on 'older posts'. Remember...we love to hear from YOU as well!