Tuesday, September 2, 2008

What Have You Done All Day?

housewife


The below is an e-mail that I received and had to share. I think that most of us have heard these words once or twice over the years from our well meaning (but sometimes clueless hubbies). I have been married for 20 years and I know I have heard it or had it insinuated to me once or twice. lol! Enjoy, Moms!!!!

A man came home from work and found his three children outside, still in their pajamas, playing in the mud, with empty food boxes and wrappers strewn all around the front yard.

The door of his wife's car was open, as was the front door to the house and there was no sign of the dog. Proceeding into the entry, he found an even bigger mess. A lamp had been knocked over, and the throw rug was wadded against one wall.

In the front room the TV was loudly blaring a Cartoon channel, and the family room was strewn with toys and various items of clothing.

In the kitchen, dishes filled the sink, breakfast food was spilled on the counter, the fridge door was open wide, dog food was spilled on the floor, a broken glass lay under the table, and a small pile of sand was spread by the back door.

He quickly headed up the stairs, stepping over toys and more piles of clothes, looking for his wife. He was worried she mi ght be ill, or that something serious had happened.

He was met with a small trickle of water as it made its way out the bathroom door. As he peered inside he found wet towels, scummy soap and more toys strewn over the floor. Miles of toilet paper lay in a heap and toothpaste had been smeared over the mirror and walls.

As he rushed to the bedroom, he found his wife still curled up in the bed? in her pajamas, reading a novel. She looked up at him, smiled, and asked how his day went.

He looked at her bewildered and asked, 'What happened here today?'

She again smiled and answered, 'You know every day when you come home from work and you ask me what in the world do I do all day?'

'Yes,' was his incredulous reply.

She answered, 'Well , today I didn't do it.'



Blessings,

 

20 comments:

JShannon said...

Love it !!!

Crazy Mama said...

Thanks for the post!!!!!! I am going to send it to my hubby to read! Very funny....and true.
What I wouldn't do for a day in p.j.'s with a good novel. ahhh.
heh.
Shanna

Dori's Mommy (Diana) said...

Very true. My hubby is in a phase where he is MAD at me for 'getting to stay home'. He thinks he would be a better at home parent. I try to just blow it off cause I don't eat bon-bons & watch soap operas AND I know that he would totally LOSE it as an at home parent.

I am not going to show him this cause he won't 'get it', but I sure felt validated by reading it! LOL!

Sherri said...

This is too funny!

Except that my house looks that bad on a GOOD day!

Thanks for brightening my day.

sherri

Paula said...

That is GREAT !!!!
My DH hasn't dared to say that to me...yet :)

Shawnstribe said...

yep i right there with you girls!!!!!
never ending around here!!!!
hugs all around
xxx
s

mommy24treasures said...

I have read that before and I do think its so funny... and true!

Sharon said...

i HAVE BEEN FEELING LIKE THAT ALL SUMMER!!! HAHAHAHA

Isabella's Mommy and Daddy said...

TOO FUNNY..
Have a Great Week...

Kristin said...

That is too funny!! I felt that way all summer. My husband would come home from work, take a look around, get this "harumph" look on his face, and head upstairs to get changed. Now that we're back in school, he's trying to be better but I can still read between the lines.

Hey, in my opinion, when it comes to housekeeping, be thankful for the food you eat and clean clothes to wear(at least most of the time). Everything else is icing on the cake!

Michelle said...

HILARIOUS!! Love it!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

I love this and I have never seen this one before!!!

Thanks for sharing....We have all had days where we dream of doing just that!!

Have a good night!

Lisa

sara said...

I love this one!! I could never get tired of hearing it!

Amie@HeartSmiles said...

Funny stuff!!! ;)love it!

:)
Amie

Sheri said...

This is great!! Thanks for sharing it.

Waiting for Mia Hope! said...

Ha! That's a good one!!! Oh if I had a dime each time hubby has asked that question. Thank you for the laugh!

Jeff and Amy said...

Way too funny!!! I have been there but this week daddy is on vacation and doing all those chores. LOL Although now that I think of it, we have eaten out every night. LOL

GGAdventures said...

Love it! That's usually the way the house looks after Brian's been watching the girls for a couple hours, while he's laying on the couch with the remote in one hand and his laptop on his belly. :)))

Tiffany said...

Oh my word.... I love Ella's plane/baby theory....What a little sweetheart she is!
I also love the story you added at the end. That is great!!!!!

AZMom said...

LOL I love it!!

Welcome to our blog! We are happy for you to be a part of our "Day by Day" and to share how God is working in our lives. To read earlier posts, scroll down to the very bottom of the page and you can click on 'older posts'. Remember...we love to hear from YOU as well!