Monday, September 22, 2008

Would You Join Me?


MySpace Graphics
MySpace Comments & MySpace Layouts


I read this post the other day and it really just touched my heart. There is a reason that we love the China adoption yahoo groups and there is a reason that we love to follow along with our friends blogs and make so many new friends along the way. Connection. Some people are fortunate to have neighbors or family who have adopted from the same country as you have, but many do not. Who else understands better than other parents that are in the same situation as you? Remember when you started the adoption process and tried sharing the excitement or the frustrations with people you are closest to? As well meaning as these people may be...they kind of give you a look like you are a bit crazy. So we connect and we make friends with other adoptive parents and we are blessed by these friendships...oh, how we are blessed!

The same holds true for our children who were born in a country so far away and are now with their forever families. Our children share a very special connection. When we left China after both of our adoption trips, I felt a sense of sadness and I have heard many people speak of this same feeling. There is such excitement with bringing your child home and the anticipation of the wonderful future they will now have, but there is a sense of sadness in taking them from their birth country....losing a bit of their connection.

Now they are blessed with new connections, but I know most of us want to assure they still have the important connections with their China brothers and sisters.

Ronda's Ella is such a sweet little girl and I am sure her heart would be so happy to hear from some of her China brothers and sisters living here in the U.S. or any other countries!!

I am going to send a little something to her from my Ella and Sophie and I would love for others to join me. You can send a card or a picture your child has made or a children's book....anything you would like to send. I think it would be so nice if we could include a photo of our children and where they were born and where they live now.

Let's shower her with some fun mail and love from her friends!!!

Please e-mail me at hispurpose@rcn.com for her address.



Blessings,

 

21 comments:

OH MY #6 said...

what a beautiful idea!

Lea
xo

mommy24treasures said...

oh I think that is such a sweet idea Michelle. I love your generous heart. Pleae send meher addy when you have a minute.

Sharon said...

That is such a great post and so true!!!! I don't have many close people and I love the sameness and support through the blogs!!! You really nailed it

missy said...

Absolutely! You have a heart of gold, my friend : )

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

What a beautiful post....you are so sweet to think of Ella...I am going over to visit their blog...have never read it before!

Hope you had a great day!

Lisa

Shawnstribe said...

count me in : )
im still teary eyed...somehow these last few days, the enourmaty of what we've done is finally hitting home...sigh, trust me for it to take sooo long ; )
xxx
s

Michelle said...

What a great idea, Michelle!! You are so thoughtful like that. Ronda has been a bloggy friend of mine for a while and I would love to send something to her sweet Ella. I'll email you for her address.

Hugs,
Michelle

Meredith Teagarden said...

Michelle,

I would love to participate. How sweet you are!

meregarden@yahoo.com

Denise C said...

Oh Michelle....you are so precious to reach out to encourage so sweetly! What a blessing you are to so many!
"I thank my God upon my every remembrance of you"!
Blessings,
Denise

JShannon said...

Wow, Great idea. I know how she feels though. I tried to connect with people in our area for Malia's sake but there does not seem to be a group that’s active here. I basically thrive on the adoption groups and blogs, I feel bad for Malia because of that. I don’t even really know of any other families in my immediate area that have children from China.
Thats why I think a sister or brother would be a good idea.

Ronda said...

Michelle,
I started to cry reading this post-your words are so wonderful and poignant. I just so appreciate the fact that we have wonderful friends to reach out to! Thank you for thinking of my sweet Ella-she will love making new friends.
Ronda

The Byrd's Nest said...

You have the most beautiful heart...
Love you,
Kim

Amie@HeartSmiles said...

What a fabulous idea. And what a sweet post. Please count me in. I will e-mail you as soon as I post this...

Your post made me smile big! I love that you would think to do this. Tells me alot about you and makes me love you even more!!!

Thanks for taking the time to share this with us.. I am blessed for it!

hugs~
Amie

Michelle said...

How sweet of you!! Did you know I met Ella in China? They were in our adoption group. We were all together on gotcha day, and thereafter. They are a wonderful family!! Ella entertained us all the time, she is a very funny child!

Krista ~ Bits and pieces said...

Michelle what a wonderful idea and what a beautiful friend you are.

Count me in on sending a little 'love' her way.

Have a wonderful weekend,

Krista

The Byrd's Nest said...

I LOVE this song Michelle...Might to Save! We sang it in church a couple of weeks ago!

Nikki said...

I'd love her address, Michelle. Lily would LOVE to make a picture for her. What a sweet, sweet family.

The Princess's Mommy said...

Oh I love this idea! I would love to have her address! Thank you for sharing this!

Have a wonderful weekend!
Love,
Monica

Tiffany said...

Count me in as well...

Thank you Michelle for your loving and caring heart.....
Thank you for your friendship.

Rebecca said...

You are such a sweetheart!

Waiting for Mia Hope! said...

Michelle,

Your plate is so full yet you always take time to reach out to others. What a sweet thing for you to do. You are such a blessing!

Welcome to our blog! We are happy for you to be a part of our "Day by Day" and to share how God is working in our lives. To read earlier posts, scroll down to the very bottom of the page and you can click on 'older posts'. Remember...we love to hear from YOU as well!