Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Praise Report and Flowers

It has been a long time since I have posted! I actually had this blog on hold for a while as it is my plan to make it private. No one big reason for that, just something I would like to do. I have not yet gotten around to doing that, though...hopefully after the holidays. I want to share a big Praise with you all.



For those of you who do not know...the last few weeks were quite an emotional roller coaster. My gyn. had been urging me since I turned 40 a couple of years ago, to go get a mammogram. 40 is the suggested age when you have no family history or any other concerns. I have always been very healthy and have no cancer history in my family, so that along with the fact that I really do not have anyone to watch my kids for appointments...I put it off. I am very good about getting any other routine check-ups that I am supposed to, but for whatever reason....I felt this one could wait. My doc urged me again when I went for my annual check-up in October...so this time I listened.



Well, I found myself back and forth to the hospital getting many tests as what was supposed to be just a baseline mammogram...turned up showing abnormal cell growth/patterns. In the end, the last test which was biopsied, showed the cells to be benign, but I have to go back two time a year for a while so they can watch for changes in the cells.



Many of you prayed me through this and were on your knees with me praying for Healing from the Ultimate Healer. I praise God for healing me and for continue healing! What an Amazing and Loving God we serve!

Thanks to my prayer warrior friends for praying me through the last few weeks. Your prayers were truly my coat of armor. Thanks so much to my dear friend, Connie for this Angel of Hope. Connie, I collect these Willow Tree figurines and she fits in perfectly with the rest of my angel collection!



Also, thanks to my sweet friend, Colleen. She had a blog give away and I was the lucky recipient of this beautiful book, which I have been wanting since I first read about it. I should thank Colleen AND Allie for the gift of this book. You can read more about that in the give away link above.



She also sent this lovely ornament...in which I could not get a picture that gives justice to how pretty it is. Thanks, Colleen...you are one of the flowers in my garden!



And for all of you that have such loving hearts and are such an encouragement to me and so many....you are all a flower in my life's garden!!


We had the privilege of meeting some blogging friends over the week-end. Thanks so much, Jen for inviting us to your Christmas party! We had a wonderful time!!

Santa visited Jen's house while we were there and I am shocked that both of my girls sat on his lap! lol! They will usually not get within 50 feet of the guy in the red suit or anything is costume, for that matter. But for whatever reason, when their name was called, they each popped up and sat on Ho Ho's(that's what we refer to him as) lap!

PC131516

Now, you will note the solemn looks on their faces and there was no sort of eye contact whatsoever...but, hey....huge step for these two girlies. : )

PC131512


How cute is this picture with all of the kids gathered around Ho Ho?
PC131518

Christmas blessings to all of you and please go get those mammograms, ladies!!!

 

26 comments:

Mr.Brian said...

Michelle,
Thoughts and prayers sent your way.
My sister had gone in for a regular check up years ago.(well like 8 or so)and a lump was found.Surgery was done and all is now well.Only because she had her mamogram.So yes ladies go get your check ups.
I hope you do not go private,I always enjoy reading your blog.
Best wishes for Wonderful Christmas.Gods blessings for a healthy happy new year.
Mr.Brian

Jeff and Amy said...

Michelle, I am so glad your back and glad you are doing well. I am going to admit I have not been in 3 years and did not get my mamogram done the last time I went even though I was suppose to. My promise to you is that I will get that scheduled before Christmas even though I am very nervous about it for some strange reason, thank you for the reminder:) Oh, and the girls looks adorable as always, have a wonderful Christmas.

Waiting for Mia Hope! said...

Welcome back to blogland! :) Praising God for healing!!! What a huge step that the girls sat on Ho Ho's lap! Great photos...especially the group one!

Love,
Robin

Tiffany said...

Welcome back indeed... you have been missed... in fact I was just asking Robin about you!
So glad to hear that all is well with YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Blessings to you and your family!!!!

Jennifer said...

Michelle,

I am so glad everything turned out fine with the biopsy.

It was so great to meet you and you family. You got some great photos and your girls looks so beautiful in there Santa dresses.

Jen

mommy24treasures said...

I miss your posts.I am so glad you felt like sharing today:) I found myself really missing those Ella and Sophie pics!
I am so thankful Michelle... I had you on my heart so much, I am just praising Him with you and so so thankful all is well.
Merry Merry Christmas sweet sweet bloggy friend.
Love
C

a Tonggu Momma said...

Wow, Michelle. I didn't know. Prayers and praises sent your way. As you know, I'm a big proponent of those mammograms because of Rosie, so I'm very glad you went. And I'm oh-so-glad it turned out benign.

sara said...

Praise the Lord!!

Dori's Mommy (Diana) said...

Michelle,

So good to hear from you and to find out what is going on. I am so thankful that your tests were benign!

What gorgeous kiddos! Both pics of your girls on Santa's lap are wonderful. There is no way that Dori would go near Santa either, but popped up on his lap at a party recently too.

Welcome back!

Diana

Michelle said...

So glad to hear that you are okay! What a wonderful gift this year at Christmastime. Health. What a blessing.
I have been trying to find that song to put on my blog! I can't believe you have it! I love it!

Blessings to you and your family this CHRISTmas!!

Michelle

Sherri said...

You're back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I missed you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mia never ever smiles for pictures. I just figured it was a China thing. They don't smile in pictures! They will be standing around and laughing and then someone pulls out a camera and they go stone faced. That's Mia.

I'm so thankful for the good report!

sherri

Isabella's Mommy and Daddy said...

Welcome back girly..
I have sured missed you..
You know I am always here for you girly..
Hugs to you and glad things are going well..
Love the pictures of the girls..
Looks like a Great Party..
Hugs..

Michelle said...

Michelle,
I am so glad you are back! I am sorry to hear what you have been going through, but am just thrilled to hear the test results showed it was benign. I wish I would have known so I could have joined others in prayer for you.

If you do end up going private, please include me in! I would miss you too much.

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Michelle,

I am so glad things turned out so well....God is good!!

I am sure those two weeks were the scariest of your life.....the waiting and the unknown is pure torture...it makes it very hard to stay postiive. Having a wonderful support system like you do certainly helps and I am glad that your friends and prayer warriors were there in your time of need.

Happy Holidays to you and your family....hoping we can get together again sometime soon!!

Lisa

Mom To Six said...

Michelle,

Sending you big Christmas hugs! You know the prayers continue.
May God bless you and your precious family as we await the celebration of His birth.

Much love....

Ohilda

Retta said...

Wow, Michelle. I'm so glad you are okay and back! That must have been really scary. The kids look adorable with Santa :)

Keisha said...

Whoa! I haven't been able to read your blog & I was worried about you! I'm sooo very glad you went & everything is okay! I know FIRST hand just how scary that is. I had surgery in 90. I was in high school & was TERRIFIED! But, I knew that GOD was in control!!!! Hugs to you!!
The pictures of the girls are so pretty! They are growing up!
Keisha

Missy said...

Michelle,

I have missed you so much! I would click on the link to your blog and it said private and I was heartbroken thinking I wouldn't get to follow along with your sweet family anymore.

I am so sorry that you have had such scary things going on with you. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers that you continue to be blessed with good health.

I am also SO envious that you got to meet Jen, Katie Min Min and Kate and Lia. They are among some of my favorite bloggers. It looks like a great party.

So glad you shared today!!!
Hugs!

Kristin said...

Michelle,
I am so glad to see you back in blog land. I missed reading about your kids and family.

Thank you for the reminder to get a mammogram. I haven't done it yet even though I am almost 42. I will get my act together and call for an appt.

I am so glad to hear that everything has turned out to be benign. My prayer is that continues.

My best wishes to you all for a beautiful, wonderful Christmas.

The Princess's Mommy said...

Oh you're back!! I'm doing the happy dance here! I've missed seeing those sweet faces! Glad things are going well. How precious is that picture of all the kids around Santa...beautiful!!

Hope you are having a great day! I really am glad you are back!

Love you,
Monica

AZMom said...

Thoughts and prayers are with you that every other checkup still shows up as no cancer. I have had 6 of my friends beat breast cancer over the last 3 years and my heart was literally pounding until I read you did not have it. I am thankful and hope you will continue to be okay.

The Santa pics are precious as is the group picture.

I'd like to be on your list when/if you make this blog private. I think of you as a friend and you have helped me with a lot of your posts.

Big hugs to you my friend.

Colleen said...

Ohhh it is wonderful to have you back!!!!:) You were greatly missed!!
Thank you for your sweet comments. It means so much to me:)
What a wonderful and blessed Christmas you will have!!! Here's to a healthy and happy New Year!!!!!

GGAdventures said...

Thank goodness everything is all right! I've been worried about you since the blog was private and thought about you daily. Glad to see you back. Your posts are always very inspirational and uplifting and always have a message. Continued prayers for you and your family.
I've missed my Ella/Sophie fix! The girls look so precious with Santa. We've had no such luck this year.
Happy holidays!!

The Byrd's Nest said...

I am so grateful for your results and have been Praising Him ever since!

Look how brave the little ones were...I am a little shocked that Sophie sat on his lap;)

I had a mammogram at the candidate conference for the mission board. Yuck! I think that may be worse than having a baby!

I love your Christmas card and the pictures, I will take them with me to Mexico and treasure them always!

Big hugs to you!

Anonymous said...

Dear Michelle,

Hi! Just beautiful! Thank you for sharing such perfect Christmas pictures! I love the photos with Santa Claus and Ella and Sophie and with the whole group of children! How remarkable! O the joy of childhood!

All the Snow-play pictures with Ella are so sweet, too! Wow! What does Sophie think of the blizzard weather? I loved your gingerbread houses, too! Wow!


I love you all so much!


Love,


Maria XOXOXOXOXOXOXO

Jewels of My Heart said...

I am so sorry you had to go through all that but oh, how thankful I am that Jesus healed you sweet friend....
Please invite me if you go private. I hated not being able to stop in and see how you were all doing.
Love you and stay well.
Give Sophie and Ellie a big hug from me.

Welcome to our blog! We are happy for you to be a part of our "Day by Day" and to share how God is working in our lives. To read earlier posts, scroll down to the very bottom of the page and you can click on 'older posts'. Remember...we love to hear from YOU as well!