Friday, February 6, 2009

Meet Karl



Starfish Legend

An older man was walking along a beach when he saw a young boy. Along the shore were many starfish that had been washed up by the tide and were sure to die before the tide returned. The boy was walking slowly along the shore and occasionally reached down and tossed a beached starfish back into the ocean.The older man, hoping to teach the boy a little lesson in common sense, walked up to the boy and said, "I have been watching what you are doing, son. You have a good heart, and I know you mean well, but do you realize how many beaches there are around here and how many starfish are dying on every beach every day? Surely, such an industrious and kindhearted boy such as yourself could find something better to do with your time. Do you really think that what you are doing is going to make a difference?"
The boy looked up at that man, and then he looked down at a starfish by his feet. He picked up the starfish, and as he gently tossed it back into the ocean, he said,
"For this one, it makes a difference."

Our economy is hard right now...people are feeling a bit of desperation that they have not felt in the past. But I can be sure that as hard as the economical situation is on many of us, Karl and many other children are in a much more critical situation. Karl and 12 other abandoned babies, all cleft affected, were in need of a home.... as the local orphanage was not able to care for them. Thankfully, Amanda has taken these precious children in on a huge Leap of Faith. Please go here to learn more about these children and how you can help, because....."For this one, it makes a difference". You can also e-mail Kim at timnkim@gmail.com for more info.

We are all called by God to help the orphans.... will you please pray about how you can help? We are one of Karl's sponsors...would you please consider being a sponsor to one of these sweet children? The last I checked, sweet Nick and Jasmine did not have even one sponsor. Go take a look at these perfect children of God.

 

13 comments:

Sherri said...

There for a minute I thought you were making an announcement......

You have a very big heart, my friend. Have a great day!

Sherri

The Byrd's Nest said...

Oh it just breaks my heart...all of these little ones. But I do have faith in the Lord and in the adoption community that they will be taken care of...what a wonderful and blessed organization. Love you!

Mei Mei Journal said...

Thanks for this. We just became one of Nick's sponsors.
April

Waiting for Mia Hope! said...

My comment locked up so sorry if this is a dupe.

Michelle, thank you for sponsoring handsome little Karl!!! Thank you for spreading the word for these sweet babies!!!

You are amazing! :)
Love,
Robin

a Tonggu Momma said...

Yeah! We are co-sponsoring Tina! I know all of these little ones will be taken care of. The community has such BIG hearts.

Jewels of My Heart said...

Thank you for sponsoring little Karl and for praying for the babies. This post was heartbreaking and beautiful all at the same time.
thank you for helping the babies and for glorifying the Lord.
May God bless you and may God bless the children.

Kristin said...

Michelle,
Your post is one of several I have read today about Starfish. I need to go to the site and see how I can help. Thanks for spreading the word.

Mom To Six said...

Oh my, Michelle! Those precious cleft babies have my heart so badly aching for just one more sweetie.

We're in an EXTREMELY tight situation now, but I'm gonna be speaking to Scott about sponsoring one of those precious little ones.

Hugs,

Ohilda

Jennifer said...

You have a HUGE heart. Thanks for the link. I will be checking it out.

Jen

Ashley Winters said...

Your post just breaks my heart, thinking of all the orphans who need a mother's love.

Elisabeth- Truly Blessed said...

What a wonderful blessing for these children! I'm going to hop on over to check out such an amazing organization.
Have a blessed weekend!
In Him,
E

Mom To Six said...

Ok Michelle,

Just had to come back and tell ya that we are now sponsoring our own sweet little man, TIM! As I told Daleea, oh how I wish it was pictures of him in my arms instead. I would bring him home in half a heartbeat!

Thank you again for the reminder.

Love ya,

Ohilda

redmaryjanes said...

This is such a wonderful post. Thank you for supporting this effort and these children.

Welcome to our blog! We are happy for you to be a part of our "Day by Day" and to share how God is working in our lives. To read earlier posts, scroll down to the very bottom of the page and you can click on 'older posts'. Remember...we love to hear from YOU as well!