Monday, June 15, 2009

Dance

IMG_2027
How is that for a whole lot of cuteness?? You can all guess what just went on around here this past week-end...yup, dance recital time. Can you find my 2 little Princesses? We were soooo proud of our little girls. They did a great job and what an accomplishment to get up in front of 500 people on a big stage and perform when you are so young. They were really adorable! Poor Ella was nervous...bless her heart!


P6132571
As much as we love the recitals...Dance Moms always love when recital time is OVER. We sigh a big sigh of relief. Recitals are a lot of work for the Moms. Whew! Chelsea danced for 15 years and she danced in her last recital last year. I was really looking forward to a break in recitals...but I just could not NOT let the girls try dance...and I am so glad I did. But...glad it is over for this year. : )

P6132574


The girls received lots of flowers after their big show! Their sitter brought them little pink ballerina turtles that were TOO cute. I just could not get a great pic of them.
P6132603


Now, I want to say that if you are reading this post...thank-you for not giving up on me! It has been a crazy last few months and I can not manage to keep up with everything. Obviously the computer has to be the last thing on my list of things to do, so that is why I have not been able to blog or visit you guys...and I miss you all!!! I will be by to visit soon! Thanks for checking in on me to make sure everything is alright...and it is. Still hoping to win that lottery so that I can be a stay home Mom. lol!

Ella had her last day of pre-school 2 weeks ago. We will miss her teachers....they were the best! They had an ice-cream party to celebrate the end of school.
P5262557

P5262554


My Chels finally got a job! I am more excited than she is about that, but hey...someone has to be! Go, Chels!
P5252525

Chels and Ryan are both on vacation with their friends this week...not together, though. So, it is just the little gals and us this week...kind of quiet around here. Ella is in camp this week(just day camp) at our Community Center. The girls are starting swimming lessons this week-end...just once a week for the summer. Ella has informed me that she will not be participating, because she does not want water in her face...this may be interesting.
So, I hope to start blogging again more regularly. Some things are coming to an end schedule wise and although I have lots going on for the rest of this month...I hope I find some more computer time.
I would like to share more with you about Sophie and dance, so hopefully that will be my next post.
Have a great week and thanks again for not giving up on us over here. : )


 

30 comments:

hollym. said...

Hey Michelle!
I check in daily here. What darling dance outfits for your girlies! Thanks for the pics.

GGAdventures said...

Super cute! They are just adorable all dressed up!
Hey, I was a DQer all through high school! Congrats on the new job.
When you win the lottery, don't forget about your blogger friends. :)
Carli doesn't like water on her face either. Swimming should be fun.
Enjoy summer!

Jewels of My Heart said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh they are just so darling! I know you must have had a smile on your face the entire time.
Congrats to Chelsea.
Hope you enjoy your dancing break and you all can just dance in your kitchen.

Faith, Hope, and Love said...

Welcome back to blog land! I can stop stalking your blog now. :) The photos are SOOOOOO ADORABLE!!!!! I love the dresses. Yeah for Chels!!! I hope Ryan is enjoying his time away.

I will be praying for you today!
Love you!
Robin

JShannon said...

Oh my those dance outfits are waaaay to cute!!! They look like they had a good time at it. Malia loves the pool and wont get out no matter how cold she is BUT she also cant stand when the water splashes on or near her face either.

The Princess's Mommy said...

Oh Michelle!

They are so stinkin' cute!! I LOVE the little dance outfits. LM is going to start in the fall...I can't wait!

Hope things are going well. We're busy busy around here, too! Give those sweet girls big hugs from me!

Love you,
Monica

ps-Way to Go Chelsi on the JOB!!

Tiffany said...

Welcome back.... I am also behind on posts....
Oh my word... those girls are the cutest in their little dance outfits.
Way to go to Chelsea on her job!
Ella sounds like Lily... she informed me she didn't think it was necessary to get her face wet just to learn how to swim.

Michelle said...

Oh, yippee, a new post at Day by Day!

The girls are just darling!!! I love their little outfits and that they are in the same class together. How wonderful!!

I started working at age 14 at the DQ. I worked there for 5 years and had such a blast. You tell Chelsea I'll have a DQ curl contest with her one day. LOL

We leave on Friday for Da Xin!! Woo hoo!!

Hugs,
Michelle

Ohilda said...

Those girls are SCRUMPTIOUS!!! I've been debating about putting Anna Grace in ballet, this post just about pushed me over the edge. :)

Yaaay for Chelsea on getting that job.

I'll call you soon. We definitely need to catch up.

Isabella's Mommy and Daddy said...

I would never give up on your girly..
LOVE the photos of the girls.. looks like they did soooo well..
As for winning the lottery.. if I win I will give ya some.. and you the same..LOL..
Have a great summer.. sounds like you are going to be busy..
Hugs..

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Good to hear from you!! I have missed your updates!!

The girls look so adorable in their costumes.....I am sure they both did a great job!! Looking forward to more posts and of course....pictures!!

Have a great week!

Lisa

AZMom said...

So glad to see you posting again! Chels is working at my fav place!

The girls are adorable and yes DANCE MOMS love recitals but we also love when it is all over. Bug starts summer dance tomorrow for 6 weeks. No recital this time though! Yeah!

Missy said...

Michelle,
You could have written that post and signed my name to it.

First of all, your girls are adorable little dancers!!! Oh my word!

Secondly, we are on day two of recitals and have one more day to go. To say I want this over is an understatement :) However, I would be so sad if Paige didn't dance.

Lastly, girl I am in the same boat. Blogging had to be moved to the very bottom of my list, but I am going to try and pick it up more.

I love stopping in and "visiting" you :)

jwhitacre said...

Beautiful!!! Love the dance pictures!!

I know exactly what you mean about winning the lottery to become a stay at home mom...this is something I struggle with on a daily basis...I feel that so many bloggers are stay at home moms and I always feel a little ping of jealousy as I read their posts...but I know God has me working as a school psychologist for a reason...just as He has a purpose for you being a working mom as well ...it IS possible to be an AMAZING working mom!!! :)

Dori's Mommy (Diana) said...

Beautiful girls! They look great in green!! YUM...DQ!

Natalie said...

Hi Michelle. The girls look darling!
Too much cuteness and I love how they're posing for ya. Too cute.

I am way behind on my posts too.
Hope you have a wonderful summer!

Natalie

Jboo said...

Adorable little dancers! Sounds like you have a very busy family. Have a good weekend -- it's almost the weekend, right!

Janet

a Tonggu Momma said...

Family is ALWAYS more important than ones imaginary friends from blogging. Heh. Loved the dance recital photos, especially since we just recently survived the Tongginator's recital. And Chelsea looks cute, too, in her work uniform. A teen ALWAYS looks cute when earning a paycheck.

MICHELLE said...

Your girls are so adorable . I love the dance outfits-too cute!!

Parents, Kids and Schnoodles - oh my! said...

The polka dots are to die for - soo cute! I just found your blog... I love the labor/paper pain comparison!

Anonymous said...

Michelle,
They look so adorable! I am so amazed at how much Sophie has changed and blossomed lately. She just need a mommy's love.
I am being lazy because I already shut my email down and decided to check and see if you updated your blog before I went to bed. What are you guys doing July 28? Can you email me hotels that are close to you?
Tomorrow is the CCAI reunion/open house and I am going to meet up with about 4 families that have 4 year old girls from Hengdong. We will miss Ella.
Oh- Emma at 7 is still working on being brave in the water and is not a fan of it in her face.
Love,
Tammy

Felicia said...

Oh my goodness...that is some serious cutenss going on there!

Love the green and black dance costumes!

mommy24treasures said...

loved their costumes.:)
big yea for Chelsea! That is wonderful! I know what you mean about the excited part;)
I completely understand about the lack of time, I will never give up on checking in and keeping up with you:)
Love you sister!
Connie

delucchi family said...

Hey Michelle, dont worry I so understand!! I feel like life is sucking me in and sometimes I can only walk past my computer and give it a wave hello as the demands of my 4 kids take up my every minute!!
I SO love the dance photos, your girls are so adorable!!
Thanks for popping in on my blog too! Love Jules
xxxx

Jeff and Amy said...

The girls look just adorable!!! Can't wait to do the dance thing or even gymnastic, of course with the boys we did the wrestling thing, made me a nervous wreck!!!!

The Byrd's Nest said...

How could we ever give up on you??? You are way too special!

Just look at Ms. Sopie on the front row...she may have been nervous but she did it! I am so proud of both of them. They are beautiful little dancers.

Laura L. said...

Oh, that IS a whole lot of cuteness happening. So adorable.
Congrats to your daughter on her job.

Jennifer said...

Loved catching up on your blog. I am so behind on my blog too as you know. It's hard to keep up in bloggy land!

Your girls looked adorable in their dance costumes. We just had our recital too.

Jen

Shawnstribe said...

i love your posts, but truly understand the busyness of summer : )
xxx
s

Doug and Terrye said...

Move over Dancing With The Stars...the real stars are right here! :)

Terrye in FL

Welcome to our blog! We are happy for you to be a part of our "Day by Day" and to share how God is working in our lives. To read earlier posts, scroll down to the very bottom of the page and you can click on 'older posts'. Remember...we love to hear from YOU as well!