Thursday, July 2, 2009

Happy Birthday, Ry Guy!!!

Ryan turned 16 yesterday! Where does the time go?? It literally seems like yesterday that he was running around as a little tot getting into mischief. We used to call him Ry Ry and some times Ry Guy. Now he is a BIG guy(only referred to as Ryan these days) running around getting into mischief. hee hee!

P7012652
We celebrated his birthday by taking him and his friends to the Japanese Steakhouse. Chels goes to this place often, but this was our first time there. We don't get out as much as she does. : )

P7012636
It was pretty cool as they prepare your food right at your table. Ella got scared again of the loud noises...the hot steam, fire, etc. Poor thing! I really have to look into getting her some earplugs to tone down things.
P7012641

P7012639


We shared with them that Ryan was the birthday boy and they brought out a piece of cake and sang to him...the gal in the background played a bongo type of instrument. Of course, we were much more impressed by this than the birthday boy was. lol!
P7012646


Let's hear it for the boys!!!
P7012648

Okay, so now I will have TWO of my children driving. Will my nerves survive that? We have to wait and see, but I am not so sure.

Thanks so much for all of your suggestions about the loud noises.....they were great suggestions and I think I will use many of these for Sophie when we go to Disney! I think someone suggested, play-dough or clay to hold...that will work great for Sophie to calm her down!! I think I will bring her music earphones along, too!
For Ella, it is a PTSD trigger, so trying to do something after the fact with her is too late...she is already back in trauma mode. She will then cover her ears, but it is a little too late at that point. I have to keep thinking on this one. She is soooo excited to go...I want her to enjoy herself!

We are joining some friends this week-end for a small 4th. of July parade. I will share pics with you over the week-end! Have a wonderful day!!

 

11 comments:

mommy24treasures said...

Big wishes to Ryan!!!!! I pray for his safety and that the Lord's grace and mercy will hover over him.

Yes Playdough helps Jacaob and I wasn't sure if I told you this before, but Jacob went into trauma mode too, but just so you know there is hope as they get older, last year at 7 he told me thank you for taking him to the fireworks show at MK. He cried and said it was so beautiful and he has never forgotten and never been afraid again! The show at epcot is way louder though and I have not taken him to it.

Love Connie

Isabella's Mommy and Daddy said...

Happy 16th Birthday Ryan...
What a fun place to go..
I need to check into a place around here.. I know we have to have tons of them..
As for 2 driving..
I am there.. I will have 3 come Christmas...
HOLD ON... and one in bootcamp...
What will I do...
Love ya girly.
sooo cannot wait to see the girls at Disney.. their faces will be priceless....

Barbie said...

Looks like a great 16th birthday! Time goes way too fast doesn't it?

I love to go to our Japanese Steakhouse. Yummy!! Good choice.

Colleen said...

Awwwww, Happy Birthday to your handsome guy! Wow....16!!!! May he have a very blessed year!!!
Looks like a fun celebration. I was cracking up at his expressions....so thrilled, huh! Reminds me of my Reed.
How exciting getting ready for Disney!! Our favorites were Epcot and Animal Kingdom. Funny, Faith seemed to enjoy Epcot much more than Magic Kingdom. Can't wait to hear all about your trip!! Safe and happy travels!!!:)

my3 kids said...

Happy 16th Ryan..wow what a handsome young man he is. Hope you all have fun on the 4th. I feel so out of the loop with not having high-speed. Hugs and miss you Michelle!

Love Janice

Dori's Mommy (Diana) said...

Happy Birthday. Looks so 16...barely a smile. It is nice that he let you take all these pics and post them! Have a great weekend!

Tiffany said...

Happy 16th birthday to Ryan! What a handsome guy!
Love the Japanese steakhouse! Yum!
Looks like a fun birthday!

Jewels of My Heart said...

Happy 16th Birthday!
Wow! They grow up so fast. Looks like you all had a wonderful celebration. Will pray for safety for your babies behind the wheel.

Robin said...

What a fun way to celebrate. Happy birthday to your handsome young man.

(My gosh, 16, I can barely imagine. My oldest is only 8.5...)

sara said...

Wow - 16!!!! TWO drivers! Exciting tmes - te dinner at the Japanese restaurant looked yummy!

GGAdventures said...

Happy belated birthday, Ryan! Two driving? That would be too much for me to handle. We love going to the Japanese steakhouse here. The pound of butter they fry with makes everything so much better. :)

Hopefully Ella will be so excited at WDW that the noises won't be too much of a factor. AnLi was SOOOO scared for the fireworks show, but we promised her it wouldn't be loud. The music and story is great with the fireworks and she calmed and clapped through the whole thing. This was our first 4th of July w/out a traumatized little one. I think it's b/c of WDW.

Welcome to our blog! We are happy for you to be a part of our "Day by Day" and to share how God is working in our lives. To read earlier posts, scroll down to the very bottom of the page and you can click on 'older posts'. Remember...we love to hear from YOU as well!