Friday, July 10, 2009

Hugs From God


GOD'S GIFT
One day when God felt generous,
He looked down at me and smiled,
"Since I feel so magnanimous,
I'd like to give you something, child."

He asked me what I wanted,
I said, "Oh, really nothing more,
You've done so much already."
He said, "That's what God is for."

"You have been pretty good," He said,
I know there's not much that you seek,
I will pick a little something,
Just to make your life complete."

With great anticipation,
I looked forward to my gift,
I wondered what God had in mind,
That would give me such a lift.

"This gift," God said, "You realize,
Bears some responsibility,
So, if you accept my present,
You must be willing to agree...

"To offer unconditionally,
A section or a part,
Of more than half of you,
The larger portion of your heart."

"Okay, God," I answered,
"Since in You, I always trust,
I'll meet your obligation,
In the manner that I must."

To myself, I thought, wow, what a gift,
For so much of me, God's asked,
Now what could be so valuable,
That my share was more than half?

With both hands I sought my gift,
I still did not have a clue,
Then God put your hand in mine,
And said His gift to me was YOU!

Ginny Ellis~

I believe that friends are one of God's biggest blessings in our lives. They are a truly a gift sent from above. Our friends are His hands and His arms reaching out to us, holding us up, laughing and crying with us, praying for us, supporting us and being there for us....day in and day out. Oh, what a gift!! I know that you all have friends that come to mind when you read the poem above. I found this poem and I thought of my very dear friend, Robin.

Robin is there for me....always! If I need prayer, she is there, if I need a listening ear, she is there. She. Is. There.

Proof that our friends are a true gift from God......About a year ago, I was going through a stressful time and just having a very rough day...the doorbell rang and there was the florist with a delivery for ME. : ) What perfect timing that could have only been God's timing as she had ordered the flowers a few days earlier with no idea what my day would be like when they were delivered. A hug from God when I needed one.



Fast forward to this past Wednesday and I received some news that was overwhelming and I was really trying to process it..... the doorbell rang....I was handed a package with the basket you see above as a gift of love from Robin. Sent out much earlier than she knew what my day would be like. The only One who could possibly know what my day would hold, would be my Heavenly Father....and He used a friend to send me a hug. Friends are His gift to us that we need to treasure.



As Kim shared yesterday, a Blessing is not a Blessing until we speak it. I have had a long last few weeks and have been in and out of Doctors offices and testing centers and such. While I was being tested, they found an incidental finding...found something other than what they were looking for....totally unrelated to the reason I was getting tests done for. I have an obstruction(not a stone) that has caused one of my kidneys to enlarge to the point that it is unhealthy. I prayed and prayed that it was not a tumor and what a Praise when I share with you that God answered that prayer!!!! It will have to be surgically corrected and the procedure is much more complicated than I had expected.....BUT, I am thanking God that this was found!!! If it had gotten to the point of it being symptomatic, it may have been too late to save the kidney! Of course I am not looking forward to surgery and will probably be a big baby when the time comes nearer and will be asking you to cover me in prayer....however, I feel very Blessed that this was NOT a tumor and that I had the first problem(costochondritis) that lead me to be tested so as they found out about the obstruction sooner than later. Thank-you, God!!!!! God showers us with blessings each and every day....don't be too caught up in wordly things to let them go unnoticed. BTW...I pleaded with the doc to have the surgery after Disney and he agreed. yay!

Hope you all have a WAY cool week-end! : )

 

25 comments:

Faith, Hope, and Love said...

Oh Michelle...thank you for your kind words and the beautiful poem! YOU have always been there for me as well...such a blessing in my life. I do believe that God spoke to my heart. I was the only bidder for the basket that Daleea so lovingly put together for the Starfish babies. I was excited to see what those scripture tea bags were all about. But when the time came I felt VERY led to send the basket to you. It arrived to you VERY quickly...so perfect is HIS timing.

I love the pic of the girls!!

Have a great weekend!

Love you!
Robin

Isabella's Mommy and Daddy said...

Friends are AMAZING....
I will be thinking of you my friend..
please keep us informed.. I know oh so well what it is like to be going through something like this..
I cannot wait till the 27th so my worries are over..
Love ya..

The Byrd's Nest said...

You indeed have a very special friend in Robin. I am so thankful that the Lord has placed someone like this in your life. You are very deserving and I know that you are the most special friend right back to her. Love you!

Jewels of My Heart said...

Oh, Michelle,
How thankful I am that the Doctors found this so they can take care of the problem and you will be safe and healthy!
The poem and your words are just beautiful. It is such a blessing when God places precious, and true friends into your life. The Lord is so good to us and I am so glad that He brought you and Robin together. I can't imagine going through life without the love of a genuine friend. She has such a sweet, loving and giving heart. I remember the post you did about your bouquet from her. Yes, I know she prays and is in touch with our Father day in and day out.... so it comes as no surprise that He would give you a hug through her. Thank you for sharing.... you have made my heart smile. Enjoy your quiet time.... read your tea, read your cup. read your book, smell your sachets and smile..... God is on the throne and you are loved....
Will be praying for you,
Love,
Daleea

Jewels of My Heart said...

OH! It's me again... lol
I can't believe I forgot to say how darling the girls are in their shades!
Toooooooo cute!

Diana - FreeStyleMama said...

Robin is awesome! I am sorry about your hydronephrosis (this is what Dori has), but glad they found it before it things got too bad. Will they be able to do laproscopic surgery? The costochondritis sounds painful!! (((HUGS)))

The girls are so adorable in their sunglasses!!!

mommy24treasures said...

Dear Michelle
I am so glad this is treatable and things are going to be ok.
I am praying for you!
I remember you have mentioned before that you watch Joel Osteen sometimes, the past 4 weeks have been GREAT FAITH inspiring messages. If you haven't watched I encourage you to go to the website and watch them. My hubby and I have been watching them over and over.
Praying
Love
Connie
Have fun in Disney:)

Shawnstribe said...

God is sooo precious, and as you said girly, friends are a gift from above,
what a blessing Robin is in your life, this post touched me so much,
we will be praying for you, Juls and i, we also believe that our friendship was and is a gift from God, and deep friendships need to be covered in prayer.
Treasure each other, and praise God for friends
Hugs my friend
xxx
s

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Oh my gosh Michelle.....thank goodness it was found and it is not a tumor!! I will be thinking of you and if you need anything while you are recovering all you have to do is pick up the phone!!

Have a wonderful trip!!

Miss Ya,

Lisa

Colleen said...

Oh Michelle, I am SOOO thankful they found this early and you will be treated for it and recover just fine!!!:) What a blessing!!!! Wish I could just pop on over and help you out during your surgery, but I will keep you in my prayers!!
What a beautiful post and yes, Robin sounds like such a true blessing just as you are too!
Have a blast in Disney and those girls of yours are just too cool!:)
Hugs!!!

hollym. said...

Oh Michelle!
What a beautiful poem and post. I'll pray for you, for comfort and peace as your surgery approaches. Bless you. Enjoy your gift from Robin.
Take care,
hollym.

sara said...

I love the ways that he chooses to bless us, to reveal Himself to us - He has obviously chosen to do that through Robin in your life! What a gift t know that through your trials, He walks beside you!

HUGS,
Sara

delucchi family said...

What a lovely poem and what a lovely blessing to have a friend so in tune with God, who blesses you just when you need it.
Will keep praying.
Be brave and be strong
Love Jules
xxx

AZMom said...

That is awesome Michelle. I've had moments like that too only it's usually the phone ringing with a friend calling.

Love the picture of the girls!

Colleen said...

The poem was so beautiful!!! What a wonderful post. Thank you for the reminder of how important our friends are : )
I will be praying for you {{{hug}}} I hope you have a wonderful time at Disney and when you return I will pray that your surgery goes smoothly.
You have a very special friend in Robin : )

Jeff and Amy said...

I will be praying for you, how scarey I am just thankful you got it caught early. I recently did have a stone removed surgically because it was so large and am headed back to see my urologist to see what the cause maybe, and if you had the pain like I did I feel for you, it was worse then labor because it didn't have breaks in between, I hope I don't have stones again!!!

Keisha said...

Oh...my what a scare!!! I'm so glad its not a tumor!! Praising God over here too!!!
I don't like surgery either!!! I'll be praying for you.

And.. what a Sweet and special friend you have!!! I was reminded by the verse..
"a friend loves at ALL times"

They truly are Gifts from God!!!
Hugs!!

The Princess's Mommy said...

Oh Michelle! I am so behind on my blogs. I am SO very thankful they found this before kidney damage was done. How I wish we lived closer so I could come be your own private nurse after surgery. I will, however, be praying and praying that all goes well.

What a sweet gift you received from Robin. You are blessed to have such a wonderful friend.

Take care of yourself and give those sweet girls hugs from me and LM.

Love you,
Monica

Carmen said...

Michelle,

So glad that what you have is treatable.

You must be a great friend to have such great friends.

JShannon said...

I'm glad that it was found before things got really serious! I'm sorry your in so much pain from the costochondritis. The girls look so healthy and tan and BIG! lol. I will be praying for you.

Number 6 and no more counting! said...

Hey friend! I found you again!

Lea
xo

Tiffany said...

First I have to agree on Robin being such a wonderful friend! She is truly a blessing as are you!
You ladies are wonderful!!!

I will be keeping you in my prayers and Praise God indeed that they found this early!!!!!!!!

Jennifer said...

Friends are amazing!!!! Sending healthy prayers your way! Take care of yourself.

Jen

redmaryjanes said...

Yes, Robin is the perfect example of a 'true friend'. She is always there for her friends and cares so deeply.
I love her. I am so glad that you have her as a friend too.

Ohilda said...

Oh my gosh, my dear friend. I am SO outta of the loop. I started hunting your blog and finally found this post. Absolutely praising God for finding this issue in time and lifting you up believing that you will come out of surgery perfectly well and whole.

Our redeemer will be guiding the surgeon's hands and he will be filling your heart with peace as you go in.

Many hugs wrapped in love and prayers...

Ohilda

Welcome to our blog! We are happy for you to be a part of our "Day by Day" and to share how God is working in our lives. To read earlier posts, scroll down to the very bottom of the page and you can click on 'older posts'. Remember...we love to hear from YOU as well!