Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Para-Sailing and More!

DSC00006

Chels is home from the Outer Banks. This is one of her BF's...Erin. Chels and Erin have been best friends since they were 3...in pre-school together! She has gone with Erin's family to the Outer Banks for vacation for the last several years and it is always a highlight of her summer. Erin's Mom paid for them to go para-sailing, which was the first time for both of them.

DSC00021



Isn't this a cool picture?


DSC00028



For those of you who have never gone para-sailing.....they ask you ahead of time if you want to go all the way down to water level. When Dave and I went several years ago, we told them we just wanted our feet to touch the water. Apparently, the girls told the guys that this was what they would like to do, also...but as you can tell from the pic...the guys were having a little fun with them as there is def. more than their feet in the water. : )

DSC00035

DSC00057




Ryan just got back from Florida, where he spent almost 3 weeks with one of our good friends. He had to go this morning to have his wisdom teeth removed...so he is taking it easy for a few days.



I want to introduce you to my new friend! This is the ROBOT that is going to be doing my surgery....available in only one hospital in our area. Modern technology. If you look at the photo below the robot...you will see where my surgeon will be positioned during the surgery...controlling the robot! I don't know if I should be scared or what! lol! So, the plus side.....my new Robot friend will allow for me to have 5 smaller incisions as opposed to one very large one. Surgery scheduled for the last week in September and now I am just wondering if I can get my new Robot buddy to come to my house for a few weeks and BE ME until I am recovered. hee hee!!!









Be Blessed, my friends!!!


 

22 comments:

Lori Lynn said...

Those are some great pictures! Chels and her friend look like models. What a fun time!

Shawnstribe said...

The girls look so happy and beautiful, what great photos.
I love the one viewed from the hand, that was so clever.
I will be praying for your surgery Michelle
xxx
s

delucchi family said...

Great picture of Chels and her friend. The Robot looks a bit omnious. Will pray for you too!!
God Bless
Jules
xxx

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Those pictures of Chels and Erin are amazing.....I love the one of them through the hand....very cool!! I went para sailing once in the bahamas.....it was such a rush!!

I am wishing you didn't have to go through the surgery, but it looks like you are in good hands with the robot......more like the doc who is working the robot:) Please call if you need ANYTHING!! I could pop over during the day in between appts!!

xoxo,

Lisa

The Byrd's Nest said...

Oh what beautiful beautiful girls! I loved the outer banks....we regretted staying at VA Beach after we drove the outer banks....just gorgeous examples of God's beauty.

I have written your surgery date down and I will be praying...love you.

Krista ~ Bits and pieces said...

Those pictures are AMAZING!!! So glad you shared them

Isabella's Mommy and Daddy said...

OMW... I would LOVE to go para-sailing.. how fun...
as for the robot.. WOW.. amazing..
When is your surgery??? and I need the robot to come and help me after my surgery also...
HUGS..
I will be thinking of you..
Hugs..
Love ya girly..

Carmen said...

Not surprising that your children have great friends also. You are blessed.

Carmen

a Tonggu Momma said...

Love the hand photo! But I think the girls are crazy brave. Para-sailing and pretty much anything up high like that scares me to no end. Yep, I'm a wimp.

Number 6 and no more counting! said...

beautiful!

Lea
xo

Kristin said...

What great trips for your big kids! Love the pictures! There is NO way I would go para-sailing. I am to chicken!

How cool would it be to have the robot come home with you?? Seriously, I know all will be well. You are in good hands. I am sure of that. If I wasn't hours away, I would come stay with your girls.....mine would love it!

Faith, Hope, and Love said...

What BEAUTIFUL girls! WOW! It looks like fun! Poor Ryan...that is NOT fun! I hope he is feeling better!

I can't believe a robot will be a part of your surgery. Welcome to 2009! God is the one in control and you will be covered in prayer my friend!!!

Love and Hugs!!!
Robin

Robin said...

Tandem parasailing? How cool is that!

I hope the surgery and recovery go very quickly and smoothly.

Keisha said...

I have always wanted to do this!!! It looks like they had alot of fun!!! Cute pics!!

As for the robot... Oh my Word.. I've never heard of such a thing! I'll be praying for you!

mommy24treasures said...

so glad the kids are enjoying their summer break.
I am praying for your upcoming surgery. If you have any specific need you want me to pray about please email me. I am thinking of you.
love
C

JShannon said...

Its nice that Chels is going these "once in a life time" things. Your robot "friend" looks pretty cool. It sounds like its the way to go. I'll be thinking about you.

Dori's Mommy (Diana) said...

That robot is so interesting. I wondered what it looked like. While at our urologist yesterday he said that this procedure is SOOO much better with the robot.

And the parasailing pics look awesome! I'd love to go sometime!!

patricialuann said...

I pray your surgery goes well and you get a maid and lots of ice cream everyday to recoup. ;)
Be blessed.... the para sailing girls are beautiful!
Patricia

Anonymous said...

Hi, Michelle! Wow! Chelsea and Erin look like they are having the time of their lives! What a great Mom you are to give them this great opportunity and how amazing that they can go their together every summer!!!!! Love, Maria XO

Anonymous said...

Hi, Michelle! I love all of your new (and old!) posts so much! What a great birthday party Ryan had with all of you and his buddies! I looooove the pictures you took to share his 16th year!!!! And, I read the "Hugs" post a while ago, but didnt's get to say how happy I am that you have Robin in your life! Everybody needs that one amazing friend to come through everytime! Love, Maria XOXO

GGAdventures said...

Hi! I somehow have missed so many of your posts! Good luck with the surgery! We'll pray for a smooth surgery and recovery.

It sounds like you've been keeping very busy. Love love the parasailing pics! How fun!

I hope you're enjoying your summer. Hope to chat soon!

Jewels of My Heart said...

Great pics of Chelsea and her friend. I am such a chicken I could never do it but it looks like they had a blast.
It will be good when your surgery is all behind you. I know you will be covered in prayer. We will all be praying for you.
God's healing and peace.

Welcome to our blog! We are happy for you to be a part of our "Day by Day" and to share how God is working in our lives. To read earlier posts, scroll down to the very bottom of the page and you can click on 'older posts'. Remember...we love to hear from YOU as well!