Saturday, August 22, 2009

Karl and Fuzzy Flip Flops


That cute little guy above is Karl who is living in the Starfish Foster Home. We became one of his sponsors several months ago when he and many other cleft babies were brought to Amanda. If you remember, Ella chose Karl to help sponsor because she loved his pink blanket! : )
I was so happy to see this recent picture of Karl. You can tell he is growing in love under the dedication of Amanda and many volunteers. You can read more about the Starfish Foster Home here.
We love you, Karl!!



When we got home today, there was a wonderful surprise in our mailbox! We had recently seen a picture of the beautiful Lily Mei wearing her adorable fuzzy flip flops and I knew Ella would like a pair of these as she is ALL about flip flops these days. Well, the Princess's Mommy(private blog) surprised us all when she sent us our very own fuzzy flip flops!! Monica...you are the best and I can't thank-you enough for brightening our day. We are wearing our fuzzy flip flops right now and love them. Thank-you for being such a special and loving friend!!!
Happy week-end to you all!!!!

 

13 comments:

The Princess's Mommy said...

Oh I love those sweet toes! Oh and I think we have the same tile, too! How funny is that?!

Have a great weekend!
Love you,
Monica

Isabella's Mommy and Daddy said...

OMW... I LOVE THEM.. they are sooo CUTE.. the green is my favorite... I LOVE FLIP FLOPS.. I wish she wasn't private..
Have a great weekend girly..
LOVE YA..

a Tonggu Momma said...

The Tongginator wants to know... where does one acquire said fuzzy fuzzy flip flops? Because they are *squeal* "cute, Momma!"

(And we co-sponsor Tina. Love the Starfish Cleft Home.)

mommy24treasures said...

so good to ehar a postive update on Karl! He is such cutie:)
How kind of Monica. Surprises in the mail are so special. It can make you feel so loved and special!

The Byrd's Nest said...

Oh my how cute! I love all of those toes! Monica is sweetheart for sure;)

TanyaLea said...

Karl is a sweetheart all right!! I love that he was chosen because of his pink blanket...how cute is that!?

And I love all those colorful and fuzzy tootsies!! Very fun!!! :)

Hugs,
Tanya

GGAdventures said...

It's so wonderful to get positive updates on the kiddos!
And love the flip-flops!

Ohilda said...

How sweet was that?!! Monica is a gem.

And those cute toesies...they look perfect in the fuzzy flip flops!

Ohilda said...

Oh man...I forgot to post about your little man!! I could eat him up! Amanda does an amazing jobs with those little ones. What a blessing.

Faith, Hope, and Love said...

What a cutie that Karl is! Thank God for the blessings of Starfish and of friends that send special surprises in the mail! :)

Love,
Robin

sara said...

love love love the fuzzy flops! I love your little man, karl! AND his pink blankey :) My girl would have flipped over that too!

Now, off to find me some fuzzy flip flops - if only I could be so cute!

Rhonda said...

L.O.V.E. those! Love the pink! Sweet.

The Things We Carried said...

Bless you all from head to toe! And Noah!

Welcome to our blog! We are happy for you to be a part of our "Day by Day" and to share how God is working in our lives. To read earlier posts, scroll down to the very bottom of the page and you can click on 'older posts'. Remember...we love to hear from YOU as well!