Thursday, August 6, 2009

Ocean City

IMG_2141
We went to Ocean City(NJ) for four days. We have gone down there almost every year for the last 21 years...since before the kids were born. Usually stay for a half week instead of a full week...we love it down there, but find that a half week of the beach and sand with little ones...is plenty long enough. For those who are not familiar with this area....it is a a great family vacation area and we always enjoy our time down there. I had to work hard this year to find a date that the big kids could go down with us.


P8022851
The little ones really had a blast with the ocean!! We had to keep a close eye on Fearless Frannie(Sophie) as she thought she was capable of riding the waves...all 30 pounds of her!
P8032988


Ella has her first bikini and she insisted on wearing it so that she could be "just like Sissy"!
IMG_2110

IMG_2128

Ella's favorite thing to do was dig in the sand with this large shovel...she spent hours doing that.
IMG_2146


Of course, I took tons of pictures...as always. I am not sure how you Mamarazzi's do it....my kids do NOT like my camera or appreciate my love of taking pictures. Ryan acts like I am torturing him and the little ones have no patience for picture taking. My Chelsea is the only one that goes along with my photo taking....thanks, Chels! : ) As for my other 3...you will appreciate having the pictures when you get older. hee hee!
P8032971

P8032960

P8022874

I am making an effort to hand the camera off and get in the pictures with the kids. If anyone knows me...they know I do not, not, not like having my picture taken(especially with beach hair!). What we do for our kids, right? : )
P8022864

P8032965

P8032935

P8032990

The kids are lucky...their Daddy always gets right down in the sand and digs, and builds and burries right along with them!
IMG_2090

IMG_2085

IMG_2121


Atlantic City is about a 20 minute drive from Ocean City. We took a ride over there and went to the Rainforest Cafe. It was sooo cool. Ella did not like it too much, though. Too loud for her and she did not like the animals "coming to life". We thought it was great!!
P8022884

P8022889

P8022877

P8032902


As always....thanks for letting me share so many pictures....I have a hard time picking my favorites, so I share a lot.


 

29 comments:

Isabella's Mommy and Daddy said...

You can share as many as you want..
I LOVE looking at them.
The girls are tooo cute in their matching outfits..
I have to say I am lucky in the part of the camera and my kids.. they know I will take a photo of EVERYTHING...LOL..
School starts on Monday and I have two left Jr. and Soph.. Nick gone is killing me.. I think it is the fact I can't talk to him..
Once I can call him..I will be ok..
but that won't be till bootcamp Graduation..
Glad you had a great time girly..
Love ya... miss ya..
Hugs..

my3 kids said...

Hey Michelle....I have missed you so much and being at my brothers I was checking your blog and noticed your new pictures. I didn't know about you needing surgery..wow hugs and best of luck my friend. I miss all my blog friends.

Faith, Hope, and Love said...

Beautiful, beautiful photos Michelle!! It looks like a wonderful tradition. I'm glad that you are taking time to get in the photos. You are beautiful... beach hair or not! :)

Missed you!
Love you!
Robin

Mei Mei Journal said...

Great pictures! We ate at that Hard Rock Cafe last Saturday!

The Princess's Mommy said...

Oh I LOVE them all! Those sweet little behinds just make me smile! Looks like you had a great time. So glad you were able to get away. You look beautiful, as always, even with "beach hair"! LOL

Love you,
Monica

hollym. said...

Hey Michelle,
Great Pics and share as many as you like!!:) It's your bloggy!!:)

GGAdventures said...

What a great trip! You take great pictures! Glad you're getting in them, too. You have a beautiful family! Share as many as you like! That's what we come over for...pictures!

Missy said...

Michelle!!!
Your pics are so wonderful! I love.each.and.every.one!!! I am so glad you guys had such a great time. It's nice to see your pretty face, too.
You keep taking those pics, girl! They are great :)

mommy24treasures said...

so beautiful! Ryan is really growing up!
I am glad you had some family time.:)
Love
Connie

a Tonggu Momma said...

Thanks for the walk down memory lane (my daddy grew up in Manasquan, so we spent many a summer along the Jersey shore).

And I loved the photo of you with your littles - you look gorgeous (you call THAT beach hair? you haven't seen mine - heh) and it's such a great reminder to us moms who want to hide behind the camera. Now drat if I'm not feeling convicted about it.

Glad y'all had such a lovely half-week.

Diana - FreeStyleMama said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! Looks like a wonderful time! Did you get pics to fill in the frames or need your main pic changed?

Suzy said...

Oh, now I want a beach vacation! Maybe someone could just photoshop me into one while I drink a virgin pina colada and soak my feet in the kiddie pool...

Ohilda said...

Michelle, the pictures are beautiful. You'd never be able to tell that your subjects were uncooperative. :)

So glad you had a wonderful time.

Hugs!

Keisha said...

These are so cute! Ella & her little bikini.. CUTE!
My kids are the same way about pictures... I still try though! ;)
Glad you ALL were able to get away for a family vacation.. its looks so beautiful!

kemeigh said...

What a beautiful family. Thanks so much for sharing!

patricialuann said...

What fun you had! The girls all look so beautiful and happy. I hope you all are doing well and continue to grow and adjust daily.
Patricia

Jennifer said...

Sounds like a PERFECT vacation! Your pictures are beautiful. I love OC! I don't know how I capture so many great pictures of Katie since she is not happy about getting her picture taken.

Jen

Shawnstribe said...

i agree great photos, so good to see you and your most gorgeous family having such fun!!!!
God is sooo good : )
xxx
s

Heather said...

Looks like everyone had a great time. I love the beach. Never been on the east coast. Hope to make it there one day.

Can't believe how big the girls are getting. I love the matching outfits. In fact, where did you get the brown with floral print dresses? So very cute!

AZMom said...

Saw all the pics on FB but had to comment here too. It looks like you had a fabulous time!

jwhitacre said...

BEAUTIFUL pics...love them all!! LOoks like you all had an amazing time! We head down to HIlton Head Island in a couple weeks...can't wait!

Are you guys from around Jersey? I feel like all bloggers live in the South or midwest so it always surprises to me to see a post that takes place in the NorthEast! :)

Your children are just adorable!

redmaryjanes said...

WOW, fabulous photos! You have beautiful children.

Jeff and Amy said...

Looks like a blast, it's so awesome to still take those family vacations where memories are made.

delucchi family said...

I LOVE your beach photos!! I just did a beach blog too. It looks like you all had a lovely time.
The beach is our favourite place, we just dont get to go too often here in the UK. Off to china on Thurs, - yay!! Love Jules
xxxx

The Byrd's Nest said...

Oh Michelle...I could never get enough of your pictures of your beautiful family. Lottie and Emma could play in the sand forever!

Little Sopie's bathing suit fits her in her tushy area the same way Lottie's does! lol

You took some great shots and it looks like you had a very relaxing time! I am glad. love you.

Tiffany said...

I love when you share lots of pictures.... they are all so wonderful. They tell a story of a great trip with your family.
OK Mama.... you look gorgeous... beach hair and all...

April said...

Michelle, I love the pictures. The girls look so cute in their dresses! I'm glad they look like they finally fit. :-) I love seeing smiles on both of their faces.

The Ninja Boy said...

You have beautiful family. I have pleasure looking at them. Thanks for sharing.

Jewels of My Heart said...

I love family vacations. So many happy memories for you.
The girls are just beautiful.

Welcome to our blog! We are happy for you to be a part of our "Day by Day" and to share how God is working in our lives. To read earlier posts, scroll down to the very bottom of the page and you can click on 'older posts'. Remember...we love to hear from YOU as well!