Saturday, October 24, 2009

Pumpkins and Princesses

Every now and then, this little one, out of the blue, decides to give the nicest natural smile for my camera. This is one of those times! She is such a pretty little girl!

IMG_2441

The local University has a group of Chinese students that have an annual festival celebrating their fascinating heritage. We enjoy going and the college students love when the little ones come. This year it was indoors, because we are experiencing a lot of rain in our area. I did not get too many pictures, but these are a few.
IMG_2436

IMG_2445

Ella's pre-school had their annual Fall Festival last week, which was also held indoors, because....uh, rain.
IMG_2411

We have not done our family pumpkin patch trip, yet. Can you guess why? : )
Here is hoping that tomorrow cooperates with some sunshine as it will be our last week-end day before Halloween.
IMG_2408

This little pumpkin wants to remind you that if you have not scheduled that mammo, yet...please do!
IMG_2430


And this, my friends is to remind you that sometimes it really helps to laugh at ourselves. And laugh we did! Chelsea did not believe that I would actually post this picture. The festival we went to had some traditional Chinese dress outfits for people to wear and pose for a picture. My hubby looks (and felt like) he was being punished here. hee hee! I look prego, for some reason....not sure what that is all about. When the girl was helping me into the Princess attire, I told her that I must be larger than the average Chinese Princess...in which she giggled and agreed. Ella ran from us once we were dressed up. So, here is your laugh for the day......
IMG_2442

Chels came home for the week-end and we are so happy to see her!!!! Last night, she had several of her friends over and I realized that there was something that I have really missed(besides her) with her being away. The sound of laughing/giggling teen girls! Ryan does not have too many people over. Uh, could it have to do with things such as the above picture? But, even when he does....boys laughing is just not the same as girls giggling! Funny how we miss the simplest things in life sometimes.

I hope you are all having a great week-end. If you have seen the sun where you live, could you kindly send it to the NorthEast? Remeber to enjoy the simple things and most important....be blessed, my friends!!!

 

25 comments:

Michelle said...

Now that picture of you put a big smile on my face!! Yes, you are both very good sports.

Love the pics of your beautiful girls and am so glad to hear Chelsea made it home for the weekend. Enjoy!!

The Byrd's Nest said...

Yay...for Chels coming home! I know Ella was in complete heaven! As for our little Sopie....such a beautiful smile. Doesn't Ella look like she is really maturing? The picture of her by herself gives me sort of glimpse of the future.....I can't stand thinking of them growing up! These are all great!!!

redmaryjanes said...

Oh my...I want to snitch the pumpkin picture!!
I love the first photo with that beautiful smile!

Football & Fried Rice said...

You look adorable as a "pregnant" Chinese princess!! lol!!! Love the SMILES - Ella IS so beautiful! Love the pumpkin girls and the reminder to get that mammo!

mommy24treasures said...

Oh Sophie's smile is just a mirror into the happy soul God originally created. She is so ptecious, and I know your love and prayers will continue to bring complete healing to this special precious beautiful child, that has been wounded so...

Glad you are feeling stronger and stronger...
Love
Connie

Suzy said...

I LOVE ceremonial headdresses. They remind me of tiaras, and I love tiaras. LOVE them. In fact, I don't think Suzanne Sugarbaker liked them 1/2 as much as I do.

The Things We Carried said...

I love all the picts, but that last one was a hoot!

TanyaLea said...

What good sports you are, all dressed up in that Chinese attire... I will admit, I giggled...just a little though!! ;)

These are BEAUTIFUL photos of the girls. It's wonderful that you have places close by that celebrate your daughters' heritage and that they can take part in these cultural events. Such a blessing!

Enjoy your weekend with your older daughter and the 'giggling' girls!...I'm just beginning those years with Breanna and they are fun, indeed! :)

Blessings and Hugs,
~Tanya

Robin said...

Great pictures, you've gotten in a lot of fun stuff despite the rain.

That picture of Sophie is a treasure, definitely one to frame.

GGAdventures said...

Love those sweet faces! And I LOVE the picture of you/hubby. My husband would NEVER do that. :))

Hope you are feeling well and healed. No pumpkin patch for us either.

Faith Imagined said...

Beautiful pictures! Your kiddos are adorable and I loved looking at the Chinese attire!

Colleen said...

Awwww the first photo is wonderful of Sophie!!!! What a beautiful smile!!
So happy for you that Chelsea was home for the week-end! I'm sure the girls were excited too!!
Ohhhh Michelle, you are a trooper (and your hubby too!) dressing up! Not too mention posting the photo! You guys look so cute though together!!:)
I'm so happy you are feeling better and hope all the pain has gone away.
Enjoy the rest of your week-end!!!!
Hugs!!

Faith, Hope, and Love said...

That sure is a beautiful photo of Sophie! Both of your girls are beautiful!

I'm so happy that Chels is home this weekend! I totally get what you are saying about the sound of giggles. When Mikayla and Millie are around I feel young again. They always make me smile! :)

Oh what we wouldn't do for our children. heehee Kudos to Dave on that one! lol

Love you~!

Laura L. said...

These are all such wonderful pictures. I love that you and your husband dressed up too. Very cool.

We've had such a rainy fall here. Sure makes you miss being outdoors.

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

You guys look great!!! And so do the girls....they are so beautiful! Glad to hear that Chels came home for a visit. I hope you enjoyed your weekend with her.....it was such a beautiful day!

xoxo,

Lisa

Tiffany said...

Love ALL the photos and thanks for sharing your photo! That is awesome!

Love Miss Sophie's smile.... gorgeous!

Sounds like a good weekend with Chelsea home!

Jo in Australia said...

Sophie, your little Shaoguan Sweetie, looks adorable in the first photo. Her smile is beautiful. I loved looking at all the photos, especially the first and the last! Where did Dave's hands go? I don't know whose headgear is funnier. Your blog made me smile for all the right reasons!
Jo in Australia

jwhitacre said...

LOVE the pics!!! Your girls are just precious! The one with you and the hubby is too funny! :)

Nikki said...

Too funny! Thanks for the giggle...and of course for all of the beautiful pics of your precious little ones:)
Hope you're enjoying some sun:)
Love you!!!

Dori's Mommy (Diana) said...

How wonderful! Our local university does a yearly event for children adopted from China.

JShannon said...

Oh my, that made my day! Warn Dave that I'm going to show Gary that picture. lol. How did you ever talk him into that? I cant beleive how big the girls are getting. Everyone looks good!

The Princess's Mommy said...

So glad Chels got to come home! I KNOW you loved every minute! Sophie's sweet smile...just makes my heart sing and Ella...so so beautiful! But most of all, my sweet friend, the picture of the pregnant Chinese princess gave me a much needed smile today! I think you look radiant! :)

Love you,
Monica

ps-I almost saw the sun just now! If he peeks out again, I'll push him on up north to you!

Catherine Anne said...

Love it here! So nice to meet you!

Tammy said...

Michelle,

I hope you have sunshine by now! We have a snowstorm here in Colorado if you can believe it. Tomorrow will be the second day that school is called off because of it. Sam has been walking around with the note that SheShe gave him after his surgery- the one about Tree Plums.
Praying that your body is feeling a lot better!
Love,
Tammy

Sharon said...

What beautiful girls!!! Such a sweet smile you got there Michelle!! THinking about you all!!

Welcome to our blog! We are happy for you to be a part of our "Day by Day" and to share how God is working in our lives. To read earlier posts, scroll down to the very bottom of the page and you can click on 'older posts'. Remember...we love to hear from YOU as well!