Saturday, November 28, 2009

Happy Birthday, Ella!!!

One of my babies is 5 now! Where does time go? I am so proud of my girl. She loves to read and loves to make crafts and do anything "artsy". She can read on her own now and can read some 2nd. grade level books. At almost any given time, you will find her at the kitchen table drawing and we are never quite sure what her next picture creation will be. She comes up with some pretty interesting stuff. lol!

She lives up to her "spicy" Hunan nature, for sure! She can be a real rascal sometimes! She is super inquisitive and loves to learn new things. And sometimes that hands on inquisitiveness gets her into trouble. : )
She never lets a word she is not familiar with float by her. She will stop you in mid sentence or mid song to ask what a word means. Last year, school was "okay". This year, she can not wait to get to school each morning. She loves it! She loves learning about Jesus and sometimes comes to me with such complex questions that I am not always sure how to answer! Oh, how I love my girl! She sings in the church youth choir and takes dance lessons(both with her sister). She has a zest for life that I adore!
PB173215
This is the birthday crown that her pre-school teachers made for her. I was the mom helper on her actual birthday and we were able to celebrate with her class.We had a small cake for her that evening....our family would be coming on the week-end to celebrate her special day. She could not understand why our family was not coming on her actual birthday. "But TODAY is my birthday", she kept saying.


PB173220

This was cake #2 that we had last week-end with family. She wanted princesses for the second year in a row. We are still ALLLL about Princesses over here!
PB213244

PB213242


Lauren and Mia Hope sent this wonderful balloon bouquet! What a fun surprise and the girls are still playing with it! Thank-you, friends!!!
PB213230

PB213237


and Pup, too...of course! : )
PB213240


The BIG fun was going into NYC to see Mary Poppins! What a wonderful and magical show!!! This was our gift to Ella and I think going to see a show in the city might become an annual tradition for our gift to her. Toys come and go so easily, but the memories of a special time last forever!
PB153196


This was Ella's artwork when we got home from the show.
PB173213


On the way into the city, we stopped to visit the Statue of Liberty.
PB153180

PB153188

PB153201


The girls playing on The Piano at FAO Schwartz.....
PB153204


PB153202

PB153198


I LOVE this picture of my little girls!!!!
PB153208


I hope that you all had a blessed Thanksgiving! I have so much to be thankful for each and every day....but my biggest Blessing is below.....my beautiful family!!!!! Thank-you, Father!!!!
PB263306



 

29 comments:

Football & Fried Rice said...

A trip to the city for her birthday!!! WoW!!!!! Can you be my Mommy too???????? I have never been to a show :( Your baby girls are so blessed to have you for a Momma!!

I Love ALL the cakes - hey, what a deal - not having the family come up till the weekend means TWO celebrations, 2 cakes. Count me in EVERY.TIME. I love me some birthday cake ;)

The Byrd's Nest said...

And what a gorgeous family you have my sweet friend! I agree about the toys...what you did with her for her birthday she will never ever forget! she is so much like my Lottie...I can't believe it sometimes;) What a special special day for a special special girl.....you can just see her sweetness in her smile.

Colleen said...

What great pictures of such very special birthday celebrations!!! Wow! NYC!! I would love to see it at this time of year!! Love Ella's drawing...sooo sweet!!!
Your family is beautiful!!

Faith, Hope, and Love said...

What a special, special 5th birthday! Ella is so beautiful and I know that she blesses your life is so many ways. I love the idea of your new tradition. What special memories!!

Happy Birthday Ella!!!

Love,
Robin

Felicia said...

What a special birthday Ella. That piano is soooo cool. Hope you had a blessed Thanksgiving too :)

Mei Mei Journal said...

Happy Birthday Ella! It looks like you celebrated in style. We love your artwork!
Lauren & Paige

Kristin said...

What an awesome birthday present! Wonderful memories for sure. And beautiful pictures once again!

Tisha said...

Happy Birthday to Ella! She sounds like such an amazing little girl. I love her artwork; priceless! I love, love the b-day trip to NYC. What a special time! Glad to know that you had a happy Thanksgiving.

Blessings,
Tisha

Dori's Mommy (Diana) said...

What a wonderful day! Happy Birthday!!

Kim said...

Happy Birthday to your sweet Ella! Looks like she had a wonderful birthday. I like your new tradition of seeing a show every year, sounds like lots of fun!

Shanna said...

Oh Michelle, what a precious posts!! Happy Birthday ELLA!! What a wonderful way to spend your special day! Hugs to you cutie!

Tiffany said...

Happy Birthday to Miss Ella!
It looks like a fabulous birthday...
Love that you took her to a show. What a great memory that will be. As you said the toys will come and go but that is something she can keep always.
I love those cakes too... the more cakes the better in my opinion!

And I have to agree... your family is beautiful!!!!

TanyaLea said...

Wow!...what a cool mama you are!! Ella is one blessed little girl...those memories of this special birthday will last a lifetime! And FAO Schwartz!?!...lucky girls...I've always wanted to play on that famous big piano...but I need to make my way to NYC first!! ;)

Your photos are just beautiful... of ALL of you!! Happy Birthday, Sweet Ella! :)

Suzy said...

Happy Birthday, Ella! It looks like it was fantastic.

hollym. said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ELLA!!!
Hey, Michelle,
Great pics of your family! Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving Day.

GGAdventures said...

Happy birthday, Ella! Mary Poppins is a GREAT gift! And she's reading? Wow. And we are still all princesses all the time here, too.
You have a beautiful and blessed family, Michelle!!

mommy24treasures said...

oh I am so glad she had such a wonderful Bday celebration. WOW Mary Poppins would be my fav too! How exciting!
Ella is such a beautiful child, how wonderful she is reading so well! I love the pic of the girls together too! What a smile Ms S provided!
I hope your Holidays are filled with wonderful family memories.
I hope your feeling stronger each day too!
Love
c

Isabella's Mommy and Daddy said...

Happy Birthday Ella....LOVE the photos..
Looks like a wonderful time..
Love the New York photos..
Have a great week...
Hugs..

Jewels of My Heart said...

What a spectacular Birthday! How fun!!!! She is just so beautiful and I always love her drawings.

Carmen said...

Wow, what a special birthday for a very special girl. Ella is so talented and Mama you truly are blessed.

And that picture of the family with Sophie looking very secure in her daddy's arms made my day.

Ohilda said...

Michelle,

What a special birthday for your beautiful princess! The cake was gorgeous, as are the girls. Your pictures brought so many memories of our NYC trip this summer. I love Sophie's smile in one of the pics, too!

Your family is beautiful. Ella, you're precious, sweet girl. May God grant you every wish your little heart desires.

Hugs!

The Princess's Mommy said...

What a wonderful b'day gift!! I bet the show was amazing! Love the family picture....what a good looking bunch! :)

Glad you had a good Thanksgiving!

Love you,
Monica

Sherry said...

Wow -- 5 years old. I just that's right around the corner for us. :) And what a great day in NYC -- I'd like that for my birthday too.

ji said...

Happy Birthday, Ella! Looks like you all had an amazing time in NYC!!! What beautiful little blessings!!!!

Mei Mei s and Mayhem said...

What a wonderful special trip to take, I heard that show is amazing!!

YOur girls are so beautiful. Time does go by soooo fast.

Jeff and Amy said...

Happy Belated Birthday Ella sounds like a whole lot of fun!!!!!!!!!!

6p00e54eee13238834 said...

What a wonderful birthday!! wow. You really know how to do it up.
The girls are looking so lovely~
Patricia

Michelle said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Ella!! I am so sorry I have fallen so far behind in my visits. What an awesome gift to go into the city for a broadway show!! It really doesn't get much better than that. A perfect show and wonderful memories that will last far beyond any other gift you can buy in a toy store. I think that would make the perfect annual tradition!!

Hugs to you,
Michelle

Robin said...

What a special day for your special princess. Happy birthday Ella, and many happy returns.

(I'm a bit jealous, I've always wanted to try that piano. All the years I lived in NY I never did, what a miss.)

Welcome to our blog! We are happy for you to be a part of our "Day by Day" and to share how God is working in our lives. To read earlier posts, scroll down to the very bottom of the page and you can click on 'older posts'. Remember...we love to hear from YOU as well!