Saturday, February 27, 2010

xin nian kuai le

P2183468

We have really enjoyed celebrating the Chinese New year this year! What a fun holiday and we are fortunate to be able celebrate it in our home! I always send Ella in with CNY goodie bags for her classmates. This is what we included this year. The picture above shows how the lantern unfolds...isn't that cool?

P2183465

Here are some of the decorations we have displayed. The fireworks were, obviously made by us and they added a fun touch!

'Posted




The girls attend Chinese school and they had their annual performance last week-end. Some of you saw a video of the girls practicing one of their songs on my FB. We had missed several classes and I had to teach the girls their songs myself. ha ha! Well, with the help of some of our friends and of course....good old you*tube.

img_4238_std

I had to post this pic because I love the attitude coming from Miss S!
img_4237_std


P2203489

Sweet, sweet friends!!!
P2203486


Now, the next 2 pics were taken by me as you can tell by the color/quality of them. I have so much to learn about my camera. But, you can still get the idea. : )
P2203495

Their class did such a good job! I was very proud of all of them!
P2203505

P2203481


Tonight the girls and Dave are off to our local FCC CNY event. The vests they are wearing were brought to us by a friend who traveled to HK. They are sooo pretty!
P2273605


I now have the stomach virus that the girls had last week, which is why I could not join them tonight. But at least I had some time to do a blog post....with my bucket near by. : )
P2273611

Such beautiful girls....both inside and out. What a precious gift from God that I am the one they call "Mommy'!

P2273614

 

27 comments:

Isabella's Mommy and Daddy said...

LOVE the photos my friend ...
The girls are SOOOO BEAUTIFUL..
Sorry you are sick.. hope you feel better soon..
Hugs...

Sherry said...

Happy New Year to you!!!

Great pictures -- hope you are feeling better soon!!!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

The girls are so CUTE!! I love that picture os Sassy Sophie:) The vests are so pretty and the girls look gorgeous in them.

So sorry to hear you are sick my friend.... we had the stomach bug rip through our house last week as well. I had it first, then Sarah. Feel better soon!

xoxo,

Lisa

TanyaLea said...

OH Michelle, I've missed you! Sorry I have been MIA lately. It's been busy around here, and I barely get a chance to peek in on blogs lately...I'm SO behind on most everyone and I miss you all!

These photos of your CNY celebration are beautiful. Where did you get all of your great decorations? Did you bring them home from China? LOVE the girls' vests...just LOVE them. If you ever sell them when your girlies outgrow them, let me know...they are stunning! You are so blessed to have Chinese school for your girls, too. That is so neat for them.

Get well soon...it's no fun to have the YUCK!! ;)

Gung Hay Fat Choy!

Love,
Tanya

Robin said...

Happy birthday to you and your wonderful girls. They look so sweet all dressed up for dancing, and I love Sophie's eye contact.

Stomach bugs are the worst, hope you're feeling better soon.

Jo in Australia said...

What great photos, Michelle! The concert looks like it was a wonderful event - you did well to teach the girls their part :)
I just love the CNY decorations!
I hope you get well soon.

JShannon said...

Nice pictures! I love those vests too. The girls are getting so big. I cant believe its been almost 2 1/2 years already. I personally wish they would stay this age. Hope you feel better soon.

Colleen said...

Hope you are feeling better soon Michelle!!! Take care of yourself!!!
Looks like you all had awesome CNY celebrations!! The girls look adorable as always. Such sweet vests. Love your decorations too!
Hope you got some rest this week-end!
Have a great week!!!:)

Michelle said...

Love it!!! Your girls look beautiful!!!

Michelle said...

Yes, truly beautiful girls!! I am so sorry to hear you are not feeling well. I hope you are on the mend SOON!!

Nancy Lee said...

I wish there were a like button! awesome!

The Princess's Mommy said...

OH these pictures are priceless! Love the "attitude" one! Too cute! Those little vests are adorable! Hope you are feeling better!

Love you,
Monica

Adele said...

Love the photos! Love your blog!

delucchi family said...

Oh Michelle I hope you feel better soon!! Your pics are great and I have to agree your girls are stuning!!
Lots of Love
Jules
xxx

The Byrd's Nest said...

Oh Michelle...they are such beautiful girls. I love Sophie's attitude...that would be Lottie. She will never participate on stage! lol But I notice Sophie did most of it? They are both darling and you are an amazing mom my friend. Love you:)

Tiffany said...

They look fabulous in their Chinese outfits!!!
Great photos Michelle!!!

I hope you are feeling better!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Michelle!

How beautiful! Happy Chinese New Year to you! We love you!

Love, Maria XOXO

Kim said...

Love the photos of the girls! Glad everyone had a great Chinese New Year!

Hope your feeling better!

Number 6 and no more counting! said...

the girls look so sweet in those pretty vests. I love the decor. I did a little myself.

I hope you are well.

Lea
xo

Patricia said...

The girls have gotten so big! wow. precious.
Patricia

Colleen said...

I don't know how I missed this post...the girls are so adorable!!!!!! : ) It's so fun to celebrate CNY!!!!!

Heather said...

One of my favorite songs of all time!!

Love the pictures...I usually do Chinese New Year for both girls' classes, just did not have it in me this year, boo hiss! I am going to start planning now for next year!

Hope you are well, my dear. Thinking of you!
Love,
Heather

Jill said...

Happy Chinese New Year, albeit a BIT late!! Love the pictures of the girls in the vests from Hong Kong and the cute kiddos singing!

Faith, Hope, and Love said...

Happy Easter Michelle!!!
Have a beautiful day!
Love you!

mommy24treasures said...

I pray you have a lovely Mother's Day, Michelle and that you are feeling well!
Love
Connie

Faith, Hope, and Love said...

Hey friend! Would you toss us a pic or two of your beautiful family! :)

Love ya!

Jenna said...

aww, hope you feel better soon!
Your pictures are gorgeous. :)

Welcome to our blog! We are happy for you to be a part of our "Day by Day" and to share how God is working in our lives. To read earlier posts, scroll down to the very bottom of the page and you can click on 'older posts'. Remember...we love to hear from YOU as well!