Monday, April 4, 2011

The "I am BEAUTIFUL" project

P4044257 Really? Is that me holding the sign? The "me" who never even liked to have her picture taken...let alone holding a sign declaring my beauty? Oh, yes.....how I have grown. I've joined in with the "I am Beautiful" campaign that you can read about here. Jill came up with this idea to help encourage us women, young and old and in between, to discover our beautiful selves. We are each a unique and marvelous creation of God and when we start to see ourselves as just that and begin to love ourselves completely where we are, then we can finally see just how amazingly beautiful we are. B E A U T I F U L! P4044197 P4044195 My beautiful girls. As their Mommy, I have a responsibility to help them grow in their beauty. Not the same kind of "beauty" they have shoved down their throats everytime the TV is on or everytime they see the magazine covers in the check-out lanes. The social media defines beauty as a face which has no acne, beautiful-lengthy eyelashes, thin- perfectly colored lips, finely plucked eyebrows and not a wrinkle to be found. And as a body that wears a size zero. And if you look like this, you will have a very glamorous life. Lies.PC253391 I do not want any of my girls believing those lies. I want them to believe in their beauty...both inner and outward beauty. The most beautiful women that I know are beautiful to my eyes, because they have the biggest, most loving hearts EVER! A beautiful heart shines through...oh, how it shines. P4044274 But do you know what? I can tell my girls these things a million times over, but....if I am not living it and believing it, then they will not hear my words. I have gone through the years feeling pretty content with myself...or so I thought. But, I came to discover a few years back, that I was still a work in progress...hence my disliking being in front of a camera! lol! My very dear mentor Helene Leonetti has helped me grow over these past few years and I love her dearly for that. I am sure that I still have growing room, but that first picture says a lot! I would not have done that a few years ago. hee hee! Self love, self acceptance...how important these things are. And even though I believed I had them...I did not have them to the extent I should have. I think that most of us women, if we honestly challenge ourselves in this area, will find we have room to grow. One of the exercises that Helene encourages, is to look in the mirror a few times each day and say the following, "I accept you, I appreciate you, I forgive you, and I love you...EXACTLY as you are"! And know that God does exactly the same for each and every one of us. Oh, how He loves us and finds us beautiful!!! P4044246 Remember, my friends...... P4044271 Grab your precious daughters and your cameras and be a part of this project, because after all....YOU ARE SO BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! Click here to read about it.

 

14 comments:

Kim said...

YOU are ALL sooooooo BEAUTIFUL..
Love this post..
And you are sooo right.
I am oh so NOT a camera person..
And we are our worst critics..
Love you my Beautiful Friend..
You keep me going..
Hugz..

Faith, Hope, and Love said...

Oh sweet friend...what a great post! Two posts so close together...woohooo!!!

You and your girls ARE truly beautiful! Thank you for sharing and for encouraging us!

Love you!

The Byrd's Nest said...

You are one of my MOST FAVORITE beautiful people....inside and out...for real!!!!!!! I love you so much and you have given me so many encouraging and inspiring words over the last few months. I have kept them all and read them often and hide them in my heart. I love you beautiful lady:)

Julie said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this post because it is so true. Thanks for reminding us of our own beauty. I also love the pictures.

GGAdventures said...

Michelle, this is the best post and so timely for me.
You are all beautiful!
Thank you for the encouragement!
Love you all!

Kate said...

You ARE beautiful Michelle...and you know what??? So.am.I.

Dare I say...beautiful post...and so true.

Michelle R Photography said...

What a fantastic post!!! It reminds me of lyrics from a great song...
"You are treasured,
you are sacred,
you are... HIS.
You're beautiful."

Yes, you are beautiful!!!!

xoxo,
Michelle

Anonymous said...

Michelle, I'm so proud of you. What a beautiful family and wonderful initiative you've embraced. I recall you not wanting your picture taken way back in high school. You've come a long way, baby! Congratulations.
-Kim Miller

Football and Fried Rice said...

Wow! I HAVE to know more!! LOVE the pictures and YES.......

YOU and your girls are all beautiful!!!

me said...

Your are a princess!!! Love you sailor!

Anonymous said...

Hi Michelle! You are oh so beautiful! And, your three precious daughters are oh so beautiful, too! Thank you for sharing such a beautiful gift with us, the gift you have been given, of loving your beautiful self, body and soul! The Author and Giver of Life is smiling on you, His Beautiful Creation!Love, Maria

Sharon said...

Love, love love that!!!!!

Judy said...

SO TOUCHING

Doug and Terrye said...

This post came at the perfect time. Grace is so enamored with Rapunzel, and is completely disappointed that she does not have blonde hair like Rapunzel. It is our prayer that she can realize that she is exactly the person God made her to be...and that she doesn't need blonde hair to be beautiful!

Welcome to our blog! We are happy for you to be a part of our "Day by Day" and to share how God is working in our lives. To read earlier posts, scroll down to the very bottom of the page and you can click on 'older posts'. Remember...we love to hear from YOU as well!